What is a Patient-Centered Health Home?
The Patient-Centered Health Home model is an innovative approach to improving care delivery and outcomes for you, the patient. This model will seek to enhance the patient experience and focus on the patient’s needs with respect, dignity, and compassion. Furthermore, patients have the option to select and change their Primary Care Provider at any time. To enable strong and trusting relationships with patients, the Omni Family Health primary care team will provide health education and support through the Patient Portal and other resources.
What are the Patient Benefits of Patient-Centered Health Home?
At Omni Family Health the highest quality care will be provided following five key principles:
- Patient-Centered: A collaboration between the practitioners, patients, and their families allows for decisions to be made that respect patients’ wants, needs, and preferences.
- Comprehensive: A team of care providers is wholly accountable for a patient’s physical and mental health care needs, including prevention and wellness, acute care, and chronic care.
- Coordinated: Care is organized across all elements of the broader health care system, including specialty care, hospitals, home health care, community services and supports.
- Accessible: Patients are able to access services with shorter waiting times, “after hours” care, 24/7 electronic or telephone access, and strong communication through health IT innovations, such as the Omni Family Health Patient Portal.
- Committed to Quality and Safety: Clinicians and staff enhance quality improvement to ensure that patients and families make informed decisions about their health.
For more information, see the video below: