Under direction from the Director of Technology (or IT Manager), Responsible for designing, organizing, modifying, installing, and supporting Omni’s network hardware and systems. Designs and installs LANs, WANs, Internet and intranet systems, and network segments; can also assist in administering computer systems and servers as required.
Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Design and deploy networks WANs, LANs, VLANs and WLANs, including servers, routers, hubs, switches, UPSs and other hardware.
- Install and support LANs, WANs, network segments, Internet, and intranet systems.
- Install and maintain network hardware, software, and information security systems.
- Analyze and isolate network issues.
- Monitor and scans networks to ensure information security and availability to specific users.
- Evaluate and modify system's performance.
- Identify user network needs.
- Determine network and system requirements.
- Document network through diagrams and other methods.
- Maintain integrity of the network, server deployment, and security.
- Ensure network connectivity throughout Omni’s LAN/WAN infrastructure is on par with technical considerations and application requirements.
- Perform network address assignment.
- Assign routing protocols and routing table configuration.
- Assign configuration of authentication and authorization of directory services.
- Maintain network facilities in individual machines, such as drivers and settings of personal computers as well as printers.
- Maintain network servers such as file servers, VPN gateways, and intrusion detection systems.
- Administer software deployment, security updates and patches.
- Researches new technologies and prepares written proposals with sound justifications and options.
- Oversees the Data Centers and Data Closets for correct installation, cable management, documentation, maintenance, and organization of mounted/installed equipment.
- Supervises and assigns work to junior network administrators.
- May provide after-hours support as needed.
- Performs other job-related work as required.
- Education: A high school diploma or the equivalent is required; Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Networking or a Vocational Network training certificate are preferred but not required.
- Experience: Minimum 5 years’ full-time experience in Network Administration, preferably in a healthcare setting. Experience working with Linux and Windows servers and network monitoring tools such as software-defined networking. General patch cable termination capabilities Cat5e, Cat6, Analog lines.
- Strong knowledge of networking, including: TCP/IP, VLANs, Ethernet, Switching, Routing and routing protocols MPLS, BGP, 802.1Q, DHCP and DNS.
- Ability to:Troubleshoot telecommunication network equipment and telephone, private branch exchanges (PBX), and voice messaging systems. Supervise, plan, and direct the work of subordinate staff if assigned.
- Skills: Demonstrates the ability and experience in planning, organizing, and documenting network and systems design and configuration. Communicates effectively both orally and in writing. Can establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with others. Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite.
- Willingness and ability to learn new skills and apply them as needed.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Must have California Driver license (or be able to attain in first 30 days).
- Must be able to travel between clinics and corporate office as required.
- Promotes and believes in the OFH mission statement.
IT Manager (or Director of Technology)
Full Time Position