- Under direction from the IT Support Manger, the PC Tech performs Level II computer and peripheral device support in resolving hardware and software technical problems and service requests/questions received by the Helpdesk Techs via telephone and/or electronically by end-users; will also assist in operating and implementing enterprise computer systems and peripherals as required.
- Provides second level technical support to internal and external customers related to computer hardware, peripherals, or software operation.
- Troubleshoots and identifies problems in a timely manner to achieve User satisfaction; resolves problems, and provides follow-up with users to ensure problem resolution.
- Monitors the Help desk system for incoming requests for service; services work orders, installs and configures computer equipment, escalates urgent problems to next level of support or to System Administrators; refers problem reports to the appropriate staff for follow-up and problem resolution; and informs supervisor of recurring problems.
- Provides both telephone and remedial instruction to users on standard desktop applications utilized by Omni Family Health.
- Operates and troubleshoots peripheral devices such as printers, scanners, copiers, audio visual equipment, etc.
- Works to identify and resolve system hardware problems and warranty replacements with vendors as necessary.
- Performs workstation installations, inventory and re-imaging.
- Responsibility for completing work orders, help desk tickets within a timely basis.
- Required to work independently and as a team to successfully complete projects and pending timelines
- Creates and maintain knowledge-base entries.
- Performs routine preventative maintenance on computer and peripheral equipment; cleans printers, scanners, etc.
- Provides hardware support to end users on peripheral networked and mobile devices including minor repairs, configuration and/or replacement of defective peripherals.
- Design, write and produce documentation for software systems for use in training sessions and as user desk reference manuals.
- Stays current with system and operating system information changes and updates.
- Responsible for complying with OFH security policies and industry best practices. May assist help desk staff answering phones as required.
- May provide after-hours support as needed.
- Performs other job-related work as required.
- HIPAA compliance - Responsible for being aware of, and complying with, all HIPAA regulations and requirements. Treats all patient information as confidential.
- Compliance - Ensures compliance with all local, state and federal regulations.
- Quality Assessment/Quality Improvement - Participate in QA/QI activities and contribute towards the overall performance improvement in the organization.
- Information Technology - Required to learn and use the Electronic Health Record and Electronic Practice System and its components, as required by the job functions and highlighted in the Policies and Procedures. These components include NextGen, PMS, QSI and other electronic features, as they are developed and implemented, as applicable to work environment.
- All employees will participate in Patient Centered Health Home Model at Omni Family Health.
- Education: A high school diploma or the equivalent is required; A+ or MCP (Microsoft Certified Professional) is preferred but not required.
- Experience: 2 years cumulative full-time experience in a computer helpdesk and/or PC technician role (experience in the use of computer software and hardware providing technological support to a variety of end-users).
- Skills: Diagnose and troubleshoot software and hardware problems by telephone and in person. Use remote logins, work on multiple priorities and tickets at once. Use knowledge-base information and follow problem analysis flows to solve problems. Coordinate and process call tracking requests and knowledge-base entries. Effectively assess software system intricacies for documentation and training purposes. Instruct users in the use of computer equipment and operating procedures. Operate a computer and related peripheral equipment. Communicate effectively both orally and in writing. Establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with others.
- Knowledge of: Help desk and PC support principles; the operation of personal computer hardware, software, and associated peripheral equipment; knowledge of Active Directory of networking fundamentals, and customer service principles; and documentation, record keeping practices, storage and retrieval.
- Ability to: Apply knowledge of personal computer hardware and software; provide technical support to Users via a service desk regarding computer hardware and software operation; respond to user requests for service in a timely manner; troubleshoot, identify and resolve computer-related problems; perform installation, communicate clearly and effectively, both verbal and written; follow written and oral instructions; learn new concepts and technologies; maintain good customer service skills; maintain cooperative work relationships with staff.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Must have California Driver license.
- Must be able to travel between clinics and Corporate office as required.
- Promotes and believes in the OFH mission statement.
- IT Support Manager
- Full Time (non-exempt)