Location: Corporate Bakersfield
Job Summary: Under the direction of the Controller performs payroll, as well as secretarial and other related duties such as typing, filing, and answering the telephone; follow-up on correspondence as directed, may be assigned specific accounting functions as seen fit by the Controller and CFO. Other related clerical tasks as required or directed by the immediate supervisor. Will assist in supervising all document management related to the Payroll department.
- Ensure the completion of all EZ-Labor timecards in accordance with the personnel policies and procedures.
- Establish and maintain updates payroll files.
- Prepare time study as required by management or least twice per year to reflect actual working time of each employee/department (i.e. total time taken off, etc…)
- Responsible for payroll submission.
- Responsible for submitting worksite EDD quarterly report.
- Responsible for updating ADP system TOWP Family Leave and provide bi-weekly report with TOWP balance.
- Responsible for setting up deduction for garnishment, benefit deduction
- Payroll Specialist will oversee all filing of payroll related documents to ensure they are kept in an orderly manner and are locked in a secure place.
- Manage workflow to ensure all payroll transactions are processed accurately and timely.
- Process accurate and timely year-end reporting when necessary. (i.e. W-2, W-2c, etc.)
- Responsible for Transferring Retirement to Nationwide
- Responsible for entering all new benefits/enrollment.
- Responsible for filing the 941 Quarterly Report
- Process employee data/New Hires
- Process manual checks/final checks
- Process employee verification of employment request
- Conducts training sessions for new hire supervisors
- Mail/distribute checks to employees
- Assist employees in registering for or resetting access to online pay stubs portal.
- Assist with in-service training preparation in payroll.
- Assist with assigning and changing EZLabor log in passwords to all management staff.
- Performs clerical functions, type letters, proposals and memos, posts and distributes correspondence.
- Responsible for maintaining a complete filing system whereby all financial and operation reports are controlled and filed properly for future use by the department personnel.
- Answer the phone, give information when directed to do so, refer calls to the correct personnel.
- Operates a variety of duplicating or photocopy equipment, collate and assemble duplicated
- materials and assure that this equipment is in good working condition, by scheduling for periodic maintenance and cleaning.
- Assist in personnel cost breakdown worksheet for each department and site.
- Produce statistical reports per policy and/or as directed by the Controller and CFO.
- Other related duties.
- HIPAA compliance – Responsible for maintaining abreast of and in compliance with all HIPAA regulations and requirements. Treats all member information confidential.
- Compliance – Ensure compliance with all local, state and federal regulations.
- QA/QI – Participate in QA/QI activities and contribute towards the overall performance improvement of the organization.
- IT – Required to learn and use the Electronic Health Record and Practice Electronic System and its components. As required by the job functions and highlighted in the Policies and Procedures. These components include NextGen, PMS, QSI and other electronic features, as they are developed and implemented, as applicable to work environment.
- All employees will participate in Patient Centered Health Home Model at Omni Family Health.
Qualifications, Education and Experience:
- High school diploma required. Associates Degree preferred but not required. Experience can be substituted for education.
- Three to five years of experience in payroll preparation and processes in a similar set up. Bookkeeping and PC experience is preferred.
- Knowledge of office procedures and basic filing systems.
- Ability to type accurately at a speed of at least 45 WPM.
- Must have good communication skills.
- Must have obtained the ADP Professional Certification for ADP Pay eXpert/WFN
- Organizational skills including the ability to multi-task, set priorities, and follow-up in a timely manner.
- Understand proper taxation of employer paid benefits.
- Ability to operate and keep up office machines in good working condition.
- Must be able to multitask, take responsibility and function under pressure.
- Public relation skills with the public and staff are very important.
- Promotes and believes in Omni Family Health mission statement “Health for All”.
- Ability to relate to the public regardless of ethnic, religious and economic status.
Responsible to: Controller, CFO
Classification: Full or Part Time Position, Non – Exempt