LOCATION: Corporate – Bakersfield
Title: Human Resources Generalist
Job Summary: Under the direction of the Director of Human Resources (DHR) this position is responsible to assist in performing personnel functions to include but not limited to: benefits administration, employee relations, performance management, onboarding, policy implementation, recruitment/employment, affirmative action and employment law compliance, workers compensation, time study/management, compensation review, staff development, process development and review and other related Human Resources duties or tasks as directed by the DHR.
- Administers various human resource plans and procedures for all OFH personnel;
- Works with the DHR in the development and implementation of personnel policies and procedures.
- Assists in preparation and maintenance of employee handbook and HR policies and procedures manual.
- Works closely with DHR and Chief Human Resources Officer (CHRO) in developing department goals, objectives and system design.
- Works with CHRO and DHR in administering OFH’s compensation program; monitors the performance evaluation program and revises as necessary.
- Supports the salary administration of OFH’s compensation program by doing individual position salary analysis.
- Support OFH personnel by performing benefits administration. Benefit administration will include working with broker on claims resolution; change reporting, approving invoices for payment, monitoring, tracking utilization, and communicating benefit information to employees.
- Ensures OFH compliance by assisting, developing and maintain OFH’s diversity and affirmative action program. May work to complete and file Equal Employment Opportunity Commission’s EEO-1 report annually. Expected to assist in the maintenance of other records, reports and logs to conform to EEO regulations.
- Supports the team by participating in OFH’s recruitment effort for all exempt and non-exempt personnel, students and temporary employees. Works with leadership in the development of relationships with outside entities and schools to ensure that OFH receives the best candidates for possible employment.
- Supports and participates in the on-boarding process by conducting new-employee orientations and training (when applicable).
- Works to support staff member development by assisting in OFH’s career-pathing program. May provide career recommendations to health center personnel.
- Supports the recruitment process by writing and placing open position advertisements.
- Works with staff to handle employee relations counseling, outplacement counseling and exit interviewing.
- Facilitates and leads process meetings (e.g., job analysis and special projects).
- Participates in departmental meetings and attends other meetings as representative of the Human Resources Department.
- May assist Administration with maintaining OFH’s individual organizational charts.
- Assists the Information Technology department by providing area with up-to-date employee directory information.
- Assists in data collection, development, and evaluation of HR performance reports. Assists management in developing decisions based on results of department performance in relation to established goals.
- Is expected to recommend new approaches, policies and procedures to effect continual improvements in efficiency of the department and services performed. May be tasked with the responsibility for the development and implementation.
- Maintains human resource information system records and compiles reports from the database. Maintains compliance with federal and state regulations concerning employment.
- Responsible for proper administration and participation in OFH’s recruitment process. Process includes the following components listed below. It should be noted that much like most HR process, the Generalist will plan, listen, problem-solve and approach each recruitment with a positive focused perspective. Recruitment process will include but not be limited to the following:
- Discussions with the hiring manager on position need and setting expectations for recruitment tasks, candidate expectations, and timeframes;
- Posting development and placement;
- Coordinating interview arrangements;
- Preparation for interview;
- Development of behavior-based interview tool with hiring manager;
- Coordination of panel interviewers;
- Coordination and possible preparation of interview room/area;
- Communication with reception about candidate arrival;
- Communication expectations with panel on candidate arrival.
- Possible participation in interviewing. This may include assessment and training of hiring manager to proper interviewing and etiquette.
- Responsible for development of offer to selected candidate.
- Responsible to making offer and communication response to hiring manager. Responsible for onboarding or re-opening recruitment should acceptable candidate not be found.
- Ensure and assist in timely communication to candidates not selected. May draft any submission of acceptance or rejection letters.
- Responsible for ensuring the timely documented follow up with applicants.
- Responsible for OFH onboarding process. This includes but is not limited to:
- Scheduling and coordination of new hire physical screening.
- Performs new hire reference verification.
- Requests new hire background screening.
- Collects information and makes final recommendation on new hire’s fitness for hire.
- Schedules start date with supervisor and new hire.
- Responsible for updating and completing of new hire information in HRIS system.
- Responsible for documenting employee changes using Employee Information Form (EIF), collecting appropriate approvals and submission to Finance Department.
- Works with HR personnel with filing system as well as employee database for personnel records in accordance with policies and procedures.
- May be responsible for organizing other employee benefits programs and recognition awards.
- May be required to assist in credentialing tasks and provider recruitment processes as part of overall HR department support.
- Expected to work with CHRO and DHR on salary administration plan and salary survey process.
- Expected to perform analytical duties in relation of survey information, HR department metrics, and overall performance analysis.
- Expected to keep the rest of the TAG and HR area of changes (internal, regulatory, employment law) through memorandum, reports, email, or within departmental meeting structure.
General Office Functions:
- May perform clerical functions, type letters and memos, posts and distributes correspondence.
- Performs other work related duties as directed by the CHRO and/or DHR. These additional duties may be written or verbal.
- Establish and maintain all needed documents for insurance programs (medical, dental, vision, life, etc…) in accordance with OFH Fringe Benefit, policies and procedures established in this area.
- Ensures that personnel paperwork is provided to brokers for enrollment and that copies are made for inclusion into personnel files/HRIS.
- May provide information to brokers to assist in quote process for insurance carriers. May provide support and or analysis on cost and utilization invoices from carriers.
- Will provide staff members with information on benefit information and will work to address issues and concerns.
- Provide follow up on all pending applications to ensure enrollment process are completed in a timely and efficient manner.
- Supports OFH Benefit program by having a solid understanding of insurance, self-funding, retirement plans.
- Responsible for employee leaves. Ensures that OFH meets expected legal and internal policy requirements.
- Tracks and communicates leaves with management. Provides information and reporting support.
- Responsible for ensuring that OFH staff understand their rights to leaves. Develops correspondence and support materials for staff.
- May work with other HR department staff to communicate staffing issues/requests as associated with personnel on leave.
- Responsible to the timely tracking and monitoring of personnel on leave. Communicates changes to appropriate personnel as they occur. Supports the organization by identifying early on potential issues/concerns and developing recommendations to address.
- Responsible for working with workers compensation insurance reporting employee illnesses and injuries in the expected minimum timeframe.
- Responsible to communicating general information on illness/injury issues to the employee. Expected to keep the employee and supervisor apprised of progress throughout the process.
- HIPAA compliance – Responsible for maintaining abreast of and in compliance with all HIPAA regulations and requirements. Treats all member information confidential.
- Compliance – Ensure compliance with all local, state and federal regulations.
- QA/QI – Participate in QA/QI activities and contribute towards the overall performance improvement of the organization.
- IT – Required learning and using the EHR/EOHR (Medical Practice Electronic System) and its components. As required by the job functions and highlighted in the Policies and Procedures. These components include NextGen, Healthport, PMS, QSI and other electronic features, as they are developed and implemented, as applicable to work environment.
- All employees will participate in Patient Centered Health Home Model at Omni Family Health.
Qualifications, Education, and Experience:
- EDUCATION: A Minimum of high school diploma with special training in HR from accredited HR program with certificate of completion or BA/BS degree in business or similar field preferred.
- EXPERIENCE: A minimum of three-year’ experience in human resources department functioning as an HR assistant at minimum. Ideal candidate will have worked in Generalist capacity for a minimum of two (2) multiple years.
- CERTIFICATION: PHR or SHRM – CP certification preferred, but not required.
- Ability to type accurately as a speed of at least 45 WPM.
- Knowledge of employment labor law, federal and state requirement, and a good understanding of company and departmental policies and procedures.
- Possesses effective communication skills to be able to develop correspondence with little to no assistance.
- Ability to manage complex issues and tasks easily.
- Ability to continuously learn and adapt to employment situations.
- Familiar with OSHA safety requirements for office environment.
- Knowledge of both HIPAA and confidentiality/security requirements in the office setting.
- Self-starter and self-motivated. Ability to keep composure under pressure. Understands personal internal locus of control.
- Experience in meeting facilitation, curriculum building, staff development, and career counseling.
- Project management understanding and experience.
- Ability to perform analysis, develop PowerPoint presentations, create memorandum, reports, and perform graphic design functions.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) a plus.
Responsible To: Chief Human Resources Officer (CHRO) and Director of Human Resources (DHR)
Classification: Full Position, Non-Exempt