The Human Resources Assistant is the first contact for staff and possible candidates for employment. They are responsible for internal clerical and reception duties for the Human Resources Department. Under the direct supervision of the Director of Human Resources, this position all provides assistant support for the Chief Human Resources Officer. This full-time non-exempt position is responsible for the general oversight of HR office functions (i.e., filing, directing incoming phone calls, mail, and directing OFH personnel and potential candidates to appropriate HR staff.
It is the function of the HR unit to operate as internal customer service support for staff, assisting in department’s focus by providing clear and accurate information to both staff and the general public interested in employment, compensation, training, career development, and general personnel information with the Omni Family Health (OFH).
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITES
1. Performance Area #1: Human Resources Department Support –
Focus on Human Resources Unit operations.
2. Performance Area #2: Chief Human Resources Support –
- Assists unit in meeting operational tasks by carrying out various human resources programs and procedures for all company employees.
- Supports team by creating and maintaining personnel/confidential/credentialing files on new, existing and departed staff.
- Ensures that HR department requests are forwarded to appropriate personnel.
- Collects department mail and distributes to appropriate staff.
- Provides information by maintaining Human Resource Information System (HRIS) records and compiles reports from database as needed.
- Coordinates exit interview process by generating exit letters, pulling information and assisting HR Generalists in preparation for exit interview; May conduct exit interviews when HR personnel is unavailable.
- Supports the recordkeeping process by assisting in generating documents that indicate personnel changes.
- Supports the HR Department management of the unit by tracking specific information regarding recruitment, staff utilization, and evaluations for HR Coordinator and assists with regular reports.
- Supports the department by developing inventory system of HR office supplies.
- Works with Director of Human Resources in the development of centralized office supply ordering, and cost tracking.
- Maintains operations of equipment and supplies by following directions on use of equipment, and calling for repairs when necessary. The position is responsible for the replenishing of forms and materials necessary for Human Resources smooth operation.
- Revises Human Resources documents (i.e., job descriptions, procedural documents, etc.) by entering/retyping edited information.
- Prepares work to be accomplished by gathering and sorting documents to be filed and/or archived in accordance with established OFH policies and procedures for record retention.
- Maintains Job Description to ensure current materials are on file.
- Works with HR Department personnel to organize share drive. Ensuring that most recent documents/forms are available and old electronic versions are archived.
- Provides accurate health and benefit information and Human Resources forms by answering questions and requests for information, referring to HR personnel and providing broker contact information when appropriate.
- Works to support CHRO and DHR with training preparation along with PowerPoint assistance.
- Answers outside requests (via phone and fax) for staff employment information by following established OFH procedure on information requests.
- Forwards monthly health, vision plan invoices to appropriate staff to approval to pay.
Provides administrative and clerical support to CHRO.
3. Performance Area #3: Individual Performance –
- Supports the Chief Human Resources Officer with requests for time. Function as the gatekeeper for CHRO’s schedule?
- Assists the CHRO in providing organization of office documents, creates files, organizes binder information.
- Provides CHRO support by typing notes, memos, and any correspondence needed.
- Supports CHRO by scheduling meetings and meeting locations in accordance with direction.
The following are areas in which the person within the position is expected to pattern behaviors.
4. Performance Area #4: Focus on Corporate Expectations/Standards
- Maintains employee confidence and protects operations by keeping personnel data and all related materials confidential.
- Effectively communicates to Director of Human Resources current workload requests and related Human Resources issues as they arise.
- Consistently works and greets staff using pleasant demeanor and manner.
- Consistently communicates with all staff in a pleasant tone either verbally or when using written communication.
- Remains focused on the goals during periods of conflicting priorities. Speaks their mind and questions the CHRO and DHR for clarification in determining work priorities.
- Ensures that they quickly report issues that may be outside of compliance with Federal, State and Local legal requirements with regard to Human Resources processes by following established Human Resources policies as set by OFH Board of Directors and procedures as set by management staff.
- Various other work-related duties as assigned by supervisor. These duties and responsibilities may be added, deleted, or changed at any time at the discretion of management, formally or informally either verbally or in writing.
- Contributes to the team effort by effectively communicating needs to other members of the administrative/fiscal support staff with whom this position closely works
- As a team member of OFH, respects and protects information regarding patients and other team members and abide by the rules of the OFH Confidentiality Statement Protocol.
– general expectations for all Omni personnel.
- Attends and actively participates in all meetings (e.g., management team meetings, department meetings, program meetings, case management meetings, employee staff meetings) and other activities as required or assigned.
- Works flexible or extended hours where necessary.
- Demonstrates awareness of, and compliance with, organizational mission and objective of Omni Family Health to provide health care access and support services for all members of the community.
- Complies with Federal, State and Local legal requirements by following developed OFH Human Resources and corporate policies and procedures.
- HIPAA compliance - Responsible for maintaining abreast of and in compliance with all HIPAA regulations and requirements. Treats all member information confidential.
- Compliance - Ensure compliance with all local, state and federal regulations.
- QA/QI - Participate in QA/QI activities and contribute towards the overall performance improvement of the organization.
- IT –May be required to learn and use the Electronic Health Record and Practice Electronic System and its components. As required by the job functions and highlighted in the Policies and Procedures. These components include Next Gen, PMS, QSI and other electronic features, as they are developed and implemented, as applicable to work environment.
- All employees will participate in Patient Centered Health Home Model at Omni Family Health.
- High School Diploma or GED minimum. An additional two (2) years extended education with focus on general office functions.
- Certificate or Degree in HR or office administration preferred
- Two (2) years prior office experience minimum. Two (2) plus years in Human Resource or Administrative office setting preferable.
- Strong Customer Service Skills (preferably within a service industry).
- Modern office practices and procedures (including email).
- Demonstrated Proficiency with MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio)
- General computer skills with demonstrated proficiency.
- Basic filing skills
- Good analytical skills
- Strong communication skills
- Strong Problem-solving/Analytical Skills
Chief Human Resources Officer & Director of Human Resources