- Under direction from the Senior Helpdesk Technician, performs help desk computer support in resolving hardware and software technical problems and service requests/questions received by telephone and/or electronically by end-users; maintain, track and create reports for calls and electronic requests received; can also assist in operating enterprise computer systems as required.
- Provide first and second level technical support to internal and external customers via the service desk regarding computer hardware, peripherals, or software operation.
- Respond to help desk calls, email, or other electronic communication in a prompt and courteous manner; prioritize multiple help desk calls and requests for service; troubleshoot and identify problems in a timely manner to achieve User satisfaction; resolve problems, including user account and password resets; and provide follow-up with users to ensure problem resolution.
- Maintain Help desk logs (in a system) of incoming requests for service; generate problem reports for the more difficult jobs; escalate urgent problems to next level of support or to System Administrators; refer problem reports to the appropriate staff for follow-up and problem resolution; and inform supervisor of recurring problems.
- Provide both telephone and remedial instruction to users on standard desktop applications utilized by Omni Family Health.
- Operate and troubleshoot peripheral devices such as printers, scanners, copiers, audio visual equipment, etc.
- Work to identify and resolve system hardware problems and warranty replacements with vendors as necessary.
- Enter and track calls and request for services and training into the call tracking system used by Information Technology; categorize, summarize, create and maintain knowledge-base entries.
- Perform routine preventative maintenance on computer and peripheral equipment; clean printers, scanners, etc.
- Provide hardware support to end users on peripheral networked and mobile devices including minor repairs, configuration and/or replacement of defective peripherals.
- Design, write and produce documentation for software systems for use in training sessions and as user desk reference manuals.
- Work cooperatively with technical support staff to resolve system problems.
- Stay current with system information changes and updates.
- May assist in workstation installations and re-imaging.
- May assist with training new help desk staff.
- May provide after-hours support as needed.
- Perform other job-related work as required.
- HIPAA compliance - Responsible for being aware of, and complying with, all HIPAA regulations and requirements. Treats all patient information as confidential.
- Compliance - Ensures compliance with all local, state and federal regulations.
- Quality Assessment/Quality Improvement - Participate in QA/QI activities and contribute towards the overall performance improvement in the organization.
- Information Technology - Required to learn and use the Electronic Health Record and Electronic Practice System and its components, as required by the job functions and highlighted in the Policies and Procedures. These components include NextGen, PMS, QSI and other electronic features, as they are developed and implemented, as applicable to work environment.
- All employees will participate in Patient Centered Health Home Model at Omni Family Health.
Qualifications, Education and Knowledge:
- High school diploma or equivalent is required
- A+ or MCP (Microsoft Certified Professional) is preferred.
- One year full-time experience in a computer helpdesk technician role (experience in the use of computer software and hardware providing technological support to a variety of end-users). A+ certification or formal computer support educational programs can substitute for experience.
- Diagnose and troubleshoot minor software and hardware problems by telephone.
- Use remote logins, work on multiple priorities and tickets at once.
- Use knowledge-base information and follow problem analysis flows to solve problems. Coordinate and process call tracking requests and knowledge-base entries.
- Effectively assess software system intricacies for documentation and training purposes.
- Instruct users in the use of computer equipment and operating procedures.
- Operate a computer and related peripheral equipment.
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing. Establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with others.
- Knowledge of help desk support principles; the operation of personal computer hardware, software, and associated peripheral equipment; customer service principles; and documentation, record keeping practices, storage and retrieval.
- Ability to apply knowledge of personal computer hardware and software;
- Ability to provide technical support to Users via a service desk regarding computer hardware and software operation;
- Ability to respond to user requests for service in a timely manner;
- Ability to troubleshoot, identify and resolve computer-related problems;
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both verbal and written;
- Ability to follow written and oral instructions; learn new concepts and technologies;
- Ability to maintain good customer service skills; maintain cooperative work relationships with staff.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Must have California Driver license.
- Must be able to travel between clinics and Corporate office as required.
- Promote and believe in the OFH mission statement.
- Senior Helpdesk Technician
- Full Time Position