Location: Fresno/Tulare Region Job Summary: Under the general direction of the Environment of Care Manager, rules and regulations of funding agencies, licensing and OFH policies and procedures, the person handling this position is responsible for operational activities of the Maintenance Department for all Omni Family Health facilities. The Facilities Supervisor is responsible for managing all Maintenance Department personnel along with working in conjunction with the Environment of Care Manager in planning, budgeting and scheduling work and projects for each health center, including estimates on equipment, labor materials and other related costs. The healthcare Facility Supervisor must be familiar with standards for state, federal and private facilities as well as standards applicable to the healthcare facilities industry for organizations such as the American Institute of Architects, Americans with Disabilities Act, Environmental Protection Agency, National Fire Protection Association, Occupational Safety and Health Administration and Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. The Supervisor is also responsible for developing and keeping within the operating budget. He must be able to negotiate service agreements that meet the facility's budgetary goals. Policies concerning human resources are set out, and adherence to those policies is controlled by the Facilities Supervisor. Job Duties:
- Oversee daily operations in accordance with established policies and procedures and within contractual or license requirements.
- Establish and oversee that clear communication exists between the division under his/her job duties and Omni Family Health corporate branches, divisions and departments.
- Review policies and procedures pertaining to above functions, recommend new policies, make suggestions to change or modify policies as needed.
- Fill in for the Environment of Care Manager as assigned or as needed.
- Work with Supervisor of Nursing, Supervisor of QI and Environment of Care Manager in Joint Commission EOC Standard Compliance. Survey facilities to capture/report current conditions.
- Participate on committees as assigned. Participate in local health care emergency preparedness activities.
- Oversee the coordination of building space allocation and layout, and facility expansions. Conduct periodic inspections of buildings, evaluate the complexity of any needed repairs to determine best solution, project job cost, and oversee the implementation of approved procedures to ensure the ongoing efficient operation of assigned buildings.
- Maintain ongoing relationships with all department units to keep abreast of their service needs and to be able to anticipate problems before they become crisis situations.
- Plan budget and schedule facility modifications, including cost estimates, in conjunction with the Environment of Care Manager.
- Supervise and train staff in the approved practices and procedures for proper facility maintenance and in the implementation and observance of all approved safety procedures to ensure compliance with existing safety regulations.
- Responsible for the facility management, as a whole, at all locations. Responsible for maintaining all equipment of that site or sites with all that is needed to run the facilities in good order. Manage preventive maintenance of facility equipment, including HVAC and office equipment.
- Responsible for the division at that site or sites as assigned, hire, direct and evaluate department staff of that site(s). Conduct performance appraisals, maintain time and attendance records and handle disciplinary problems of assigned building service staff.
- Other related work as directed by the Environment of Care Manager.
- Self-starter, ability to work under pressure and understand medical organization needs and demands.
- Ability to communicate with professional staff and funding agencies and travel when needed.
- Knowledge of computer, data processing systems, bookkeeping, office functions, general personnel and management functions.
- HIPAA compliance - Responsible for maintaining abreast of and in compliance with all HIPAA regulations and requirements. Treats all member information confidential.
- Compliance - Ensure compliance with all local, state and federal regulations.
- QA/QI - Participate in QA/QI activities and contribute towards the overall performance improvement of the organization.
- IT – Required to learn and use the Electronic Health Record and Practice Electronic System and its components. As required by the job functions and highlighted in the Policies and Procedures. These components include Next Gen, PMS, QSI and other electronic features, as they are developed and implemented, as applicable to work environment.
- All employees will participate in Patient Centered Health Home Model at Omni Family Health.
Qualifications, Education, and Experience:
- Graduate from a two (2) year college with major in Business Administration or other related field.
- Experience and training may be substituted for a college degree; each two years of experience in the housekeeping field as a full charge facilities Supervisor or other responsible position will be substituted for one year of college education.
- Other related education, training, and experience will be considered on a one on one basis.
- Must have at least 3-5 years experience in a responsible position in the medical field, hospitality field or closely related industry.
- Ability to make decision independently.
Competencies: Thorough knowledge of the techniques, procedures and processes used for the efficient operation of building services; good knowledge of construction practices; good knowledge of the principles and practices of supervision; ability to establish effective working relationships with professional, technical, management and clerical staff; ability to prepare evaluation reports; ability to meet emergency situations; ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing; ability to effectively use computer applications such as spreadsheets, word processing, calendar, e-mail and database software in performing work assignments; ability to read, write, speak, understand, and communicate in English sufficiently to perform the essential duties of the position; good judgment; initiative; resourcefulness; integrity; reliability; physical condition commensurate with the demands of the position. Supervisory Responsibility: This position supervises Housekeeping and Grounds Keeping Personnel. Work Environment: Work is regularly performed in a combination of office and shop environments and is regularly exposed to dust, odors, oil, fumes and noise. Travel: Daily travel to multiple facilities will be required. The position requires continuous supervision of maintenance personnel at each OFH health center. The individual is required to travel to all health centers on a weekly basis. *Special Requirement: Possession of a valid license to operate a motor vehicle in the State of California. Responsible To: Environment of Care Manager Classification: Management Position, Exempt