Location: Corporate Bakersfield Job Summary:
- This position is responsible for daily oversight of projects organized and executed within the Dental Department. The Dental Project Manager is responsible for managing relationships with external vendors and off-site contracted dentists. They are responsible for making recommendations in the selection, process and providing compliance and performance feedback to OFH and specifically the Dental Department management on progress and management of internal programs. The Dental Project Manager is accountable for all data reporting on projects, including billing, compliance and QI/QA. This position reports to the Chief Dental Officer (CDO), in accordance with established protocols.
- Accountable for the success of project(s) scope. This includes oversight and management of, deliverables, project/program schedule, overall quality and resources for all assigned projects.
- Develops and monitors work plans and project progress.
- Responsible for consistent communication with project/program participants. Responsible for ensuring that internal project teams, and external dental contractors and group practices are connected and understand relationships, expectations, and processes.
- Support the overall coordination implementation and oversight activities for the project/program.
- Supports the overall success of the project/program by exploring opportunities for strategic external partnerships.
- Consistently and effectively communicates relevant project information to the CDO.
- Serves as OFH representative to external organizations as directed; this may include on-site environment of care reviews with outside contracted providers.
- Demonstrates understanding and commitment to the mission of OFH health center.
- Provides data collection, analysis and display to the project team in relation to external partners’ performance.
- Collaborates with Risk Manager, Infection Control Professional and Director of Quality Improvement and Regulatory Compliance to ensure that all off-site clinical performance Improvement and quality management activities utilize efficient, reliable and valid methodologies and sound analysis.
- Supports continual process improvement by developing and improving policies and procedures to establish the efficiency and effectiveness of various projects.
- Serves as a technical resource for the contracted practices in terms of eligibility of patients, claims submission, patients’ referral and collections, processing payments and assign OFH staff who can assist in problem resolution.
- Responsible for directing multiple projects from intake to completion: Intake, prioritization, creation of time lines, staffing communication.
- Screen and monitor contracted dental offices for EOC requirements, infection control practices, observe staff customer service performance satisfaction, track Omni patients registrations and handle patient complaints.
- Oversee the patient referral process initiated within the Dental Department to off-site contracted dentists and vice versa. Connect with OFH call center staff as well as front office staff at various clinics to coordinate care as needed.
- Make sure that QI reports are done on a monthly basis and all CCPs are resolved as established by QI protocol.
- Assess and create goal for improvement for the off-site operations.
- Serve as liaison for all community events within Omni service area as well as areas of the Dental Department. Coordinates with the health education department and assign dental assistants to attend these events. Ware of Safety and OSHA practices, participate in Infection control committee. Review and make certain that referrals are completed in a timely manner, and logged according to established protocols, policies and procedures.
- Any other duties or responsibilities the chief dental officer may assign when the need arises.
- Promote and believe in community clinics health mission.
- Ability to relate to the public regardless of ethnic, religion and economic status.
- Assist the CDO with various administrative duties.
- Attend internal and external meetings on behalf of the dental department as assigned by the Chief Dental Officer.
- Work closely with the Quality control team, Review QI reports and perform Registration Audits and QI check, and forward QI results to the Chief Dental Officer.
- Work closely with Human Resources department and all other departments as deemed necessary per the Chief Dental Officer.
- Communicate project site operation and submit monthly report to the CDO.
- Communicate/follow up on all route slips corrections/completions with Billing.
- Handle patients’ complaints in timely and efficient manner.
- Bachelor Degree in Project Management, healthcare administration, business administration or significant equivalent experience required that includes additional years of experience beyond minimal as noted in experience section of this job description.
- At least three (3) year management experience at a dental office setting. Must have leadership abilities and demonstrate management skills. Proven record of success with planning, development, and implementation of special projects/programs.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification preferred.
- Demonstrates effective communication and problem-solving skills. Ability to effectively communicate with OFH staff members throughout all levels of the organization.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills. Ability to keep project at a minimum, on task to established time frames.
- Clear understanding of risk management concerns associated with dental, billing, and finance areas.
- Subject matter expert on project management process and process improvement.
- Developed planning and implementation skills. Ability to create a plan of action with input from multiple departments and areas.
- Experience and understanding of standards of conduct as defined by the department of human and health services, and knowledge of Joint Commission and OSHA requirements for ambulatory health care settings.
- Understanding of the Dental Board of California rules and regulations. In addition, understanding basic licensing and certification requirements as well as credentialing and privileging requirements for dental providers.
- Familiar with dental insurance codes, processing claims, dental software (Dentrix, NextGen or similar software), and other dental front office work.
- Demonstrate knowledge of dental health education subjects, dental c.p.t. codes and dental terminology.
- Ability to complete forms in an orderly and accurate fashion, computer literate, familiar with MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Project) and other computer software associated with project management.
- Able to use sound judgment. Possess a calm disposition and the ability to work easily with people.
- Have the ability to communicate fluently in English. Spanish is a plus.
Responsible To: Chief Dental Officer
Classification: Full Time, Exempt