Title: Systems Administrator
Job Summary: Under direction from the Sr. Systems Administrator, responsible for organizing, modifying, installing, and supporting Omni’s Server and SAN/NAS Data Storage hardware and systems. Installs and administers Servers, Data Storage (SAN/NAS) Appliances, Software Applications, interfaces, and configuration of operating systems; can also assist in documenting and administering network infrastructure as required.
Primary responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Install and administer servers and applications, both virtual, physical, and hosted as applicable to include and EHR environment, and other business critical systems.
- Set-up and manage data storage appliances such as SANs and NASs. Configure for maximum performance, back-ups, replication, encryption, and data security.
- Monitor and perform maintenance, update, and repair servers and data storage appliances as required.
- Administer Microsoft Office 365 systems to include Exchange email, OneDrive, SharePoint, Azure, to include licenses, services health, ADFS, SSO, and security and compliance settings.
- Research, recommend, and administer cloud services solutions as required.
- Administer manual and automated software deployment, security updates and patches via Microsoft SCCM server, WSUS and other similar tools.
- Administer and deploy host computers and monitoring system performance.
- Analyze and isolate issues.
- Monitor systems to ensure performance and availability to specific groups of users.
- Evaluate and modify system's performance, and perform periodic performance reporting to support capacity planning.
- Install and manage security certificates for secure computing, external interfaces, and public facing services.
- Determine system requirements for applications, users, and systems.
- Ensure system and data availability throughout Omni’s LAN/WAN infrastructure is on par with technical considerations and application requirements.
- Administer user and system accounts, including access permission for network resources, with data security considerations.
- Assist in providing system guidance to Helpdesk technicians to assist with their work.
- Assist the Sr. Systems Administrator in researching new technologies and prepares written proposals with sound justifications and options.
- Assist the Sr. Systems Administrator in overseeing the Data Centers and Data Closets for correct installation, cable management, documentation, maintenance, and organization of server and data storage equipment.
- Stays current with technological developments in systems administration technology.
- May provide after-hours support as needed.
- Performs other job-related work as required.
- Adhere to industry best practices and standards
- HIPAA compliance - Responsible for being aware of, and complying with, all HIPAA regulations and requirements. Treats all patient information as confidential.
- Compliance - Ensures compliance with all local, state and federal regulations.
- Quality Assessment/Quality Improvement - Participate in QA/QI activities and contribute towards the overall performance improvement in the organization.
- Information Technology - Required to learn and use the Electronic Health Record and Electronic Practice System and its components, as required by the job functions and highlighted in the Policies and Procedures. These components include NextGen, PMS, QSI and other electronic features, as they are developed and implemented, as applicable to work environment.
- All employees will participate in Patient Centered Health Home Model at Omni Family Health.
- Education: A high school diploma or the equivalent is required; Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or System Administration or a Vocational System Administrator training certificate are preferred but not required. Degree can be substituted with 3 years of system administration experience (servers and data) in a full-time professional position.
- Experience: Minimum 2 years’ full-time experience in server, virtual server, and SAN data storage administration, preferably in a healthcare setting.
- Skills: Demonstrates the ability and experience in planning, organizing, and documenting system design and configuration. Communicates effectively both orally and in writing. Establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with others.
- Knowledge of: Active Directory, Windows Servers, Virtualization (VMWare or Microsoft Hyper-V), backup and recovery, Microsoft Office 365, cloud services, data security, and system monitoring and troubleshooting.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Must have California Driver license (or be able to attain in first 30 days).
- Must be able to travel between clinics and Corporate office as required.
- Promotes and believes in the OFH mission statement.
Responsible To: Sr. Systems Administrator (or IT Manager)
Classification: Full Time Position (Exempt)