Job Summary: Under direction from the IT Support Manger, supervises and coordinates the work of the PC Tech staff. The Senior PC Tech provides second level field technical support, problem analysis and resolution, extensive technical assistance, and training to computer systems users. Responsible for maintaining manage desktop, laptop and mobile devices to ensure that systems are operating at optimal levels.
Essential Job Functions:
- Delivers and maintains a maximum level of service and satisfaction.
- Manages multiple priorities simultaneously and meets deadlines, often in stressful and high-pressure situations.
- Manages desktop patch distribution system and plan patches.
- Configures and deploys workstations using system images for rapid workstation deployment.
- Record and track help desk request problem-solving process, including all successful and unsuccessful decisions made, and actions taken, through to final resolution.
- Responds to help requests from users via phone, e-mail and ticket tracking system.
- Partners with various IT teams ensuring timely responses to support requests.
- Installs, upgrades, and trouble shoots software/hardware/file backups/anti-virus software and network connectivity.
- Assesses resolutions and trends for ways to prevent forthcoming problems.
- Heads technical training for groups of end users and develop training materials.
- Records and tracks hardware assets for inventory management purposes.
- Functions as an escalation point for lower level technicians.
- Functions as an escalator point for higher level IT verticals.
- Mentors and leads other team members.
- Analyzes and prioritize incoming issues.
- Provides instruction for procedural and technical issues.
- Maintains and evaluates IT inventory.
- Stays current with system and operating system information changes and updates
- Responsible for complying with OFH security policies and industry best practices.
- May provide after-hours support as needed.
- Performs other work-related work as required by supervisor.
- HIPAA compliance - Responsible for being aware of, and complying with, all HIPAA regulations and requirements. Treats all patient information as confidential.
- Compliance - Ensures compliance with all local, state and federal regulations.
- Information Technology - Required to understand each and every key and core business application system in use I.e. NextGen EHR, ADP, Office 365.
- All employees will participate in Patient Centered Health Home Model at Omni Family Health.
- Embody strong dedication to customer service for internal and external customers and develop strong interdepartmental relationships.
- Strong written, verbal and communication skills. With the ability to be persuasive, confident and content expert on subject matter.
- Reliable transportation to travel between OFH sites.
- Promote and believe in OFH mission statement and vision.
- Demonstrates promptness and sense of urgency pertaining to projects, outages, policies and procedures.
- Establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with others to include vendors.
- Education: High school diploma or equivalent is required. A+ or MCP (Microsoft Certified Professional) is preferred. A+ certification or formal computer support educational programs can substitute for experience.
- Experience: 4 years cumulative full-time experience in a computer helpdesk and/or PC technician role (experience in the use of computer software and hardware providing technological support to a variety of end-users) required
- Knowledge: help desk support principles; the operation of personal computer hardware, software, and associated peripheral equipment; customer service principles; and documentation, record keeping practices, storage and retrieval. Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite. Remote Access tools to diagnose software and hardware problems.
Responsible to: IT Support Manager
Classification: Full Time (non-exempt)