Two (2) Positions
Job Summary: Under the general direction of the immediate Supervisor and in accordance with
Omni Family Health (OFH) policies, procedures, with protocols in this area of operation, to do a variety of skilled and semi-skilled work on the construction and maintenance of buildings, grounds and equipment.
The following are essential job duties:
- Checks building, equipment, and grounds to locate conditions indicating the need for repair and maintenance work.
- Perform building repairs involving plumbing, irrigation systems, painting, carpentry, mechanical, structural, flooring, and simple electrical work.
- Clean, repair and install signs as needed.
- Uses a variety of hand and power tools in the performance of maintenance work.
- Detailed Tasks Include:
- Repairs furniture and equipment.
- Moves and installs partitions, walls, etc.
- Install park structures and equipment.
- Build small structures and cabinets.
- Build forms and installs concrete supports; mixes, pours, and finishes concrete.
- Installs, services and repairs plumbing, water and sewer systems and simple wiring systems and equipment.
- Applies paints, varnishes, and stains, lacquers, and enamels to building interior and exterior, furniture and other equipment.
- Repairs small appliances, tools and other equipment. Operates light motorized equipment, digs ditches and lays pipe.
- Designs and installs irrigation systems.
- Maintains and repairs impact rotor sprinklers, drip irrigation systems and control valves.
- Troubleshoots computerized and electro-mechanical controller problems.
- Performs minor painting.
- Repairs small appliances, tools and pieces of equipment.
- Performs refuse removal and processing.
- Performs related work as assigned.
- Promotes and believes in OFH mission statement “Health for All”.
- Ability to relate to the public regardless of ethnic, religious and economic status.
- Other duties as assigned by the Facilities Supervisor.
- HIPAA compliance - Responsible for maintaining abreast of and in compliance with all HIPPA regulations and requirements. Treats all member information confidential.
- Compliance - Ensure compliance with all local, state and federal regulations.
- QA/QI - Participate in QA/QI activities and contribute towards the overall performance improvement of the organization.
- IT - Required to learn and use the EHR/EOHR (Medical Practice Electronic System) and its components. As required by the job functions and highlighted in the Policies and Procedures. These components include NextGen, Healthport, PMS, QSI and other electronic features, as they are developed and implemented, as applicable to work environment.
Qualifications, Education, and Experience:
- High school diploma or GED. Employee must be able to have full dominance of the English language and demonstrate reading, writing and speaking proficiently at a high school graduate level.
- Must have 5-8 years in similar work experience “hands-on experience and/or training”.
- Must have knowledge of the practices utilizing, tools, equipment, and materials used in the carpentry, painting, plumbing, and electrical trades; ability to determine the need for repairs; ability to estimate time and materials needed to perform a job; ability to use hand tools utilized in the building trades; ability to follow oral and written directions; ability to use good body mechanics and follow basic safety practices in the performance of job duties.
- Must be able to lift, push or pull weights commensurate with work assignments.
- Must be able after training to demonstrate the correct use of chemicals, supplies, equipment and tools assigned.
- Must obtain a valid California driver license at all times plus proof of insurance, to allow you to be placed in all Omni Family Health clinics as needed.
- Must be willing to work at any Omni Family Health location, other that the assigned site and be agreeable to work weekends, if so needed.
- Must pass pre-employment and other examinations as required.
All employees will participate in Patient Centered Health Home Model at Omni Family Health.
Responsible To: Facilities Supervisor
Classification: Full or Part Time Position, Non-Exempt