Job Summary: Under the direction of the Business Systems Director, the Senior Data Analytics Specialist works on a team responsible for performing a full range of activities ensuring technology based operational effectiveness and excellence. The Senior Data Analytics Specialist is responsible for requirements gathering, design, and development of innovative Business Intelligence (BI) and Data Analytics solutions to provide business reporting
- Directs and oversee implementation of new analytics technology applications across all functional areas ensuring user adoption and satisfaction.
- Inform and escalate larger issues to Business Systems Management.
- Work with Business Systems Management to establish priorities and deadlines.
- Gather business requirements from the business on BI and Data Analytics projects.
- Manage the BI/Analytics backlog of trouble tickets, prioritizing according to customer and internal needs, and develop top-quality dashboards using BI and Data Analytics solutions.
- Provide strategic and technical direction for analytics including defining KPIs and methodology, designing test-and-learn experiments, growing data sources and producing regular customer insights to answer key business questions.
- Oversee reports and dashboards that provide insights into key programs and initiatives on an on-going basis.
- Provide analytic/ad hoc data request support to various teams.
- Collaborate with IT and business unit resources to understand business requirements and ensure the successful creation of reports.
- Resolve BI/Analytic incidents and requests issued.
- Help document existing and future BI applications.
- Adhere to project standards defined by and approved by Business Systems Management.
- Utilize process improvement techniques in streamlining existing as well as new business requirements
- Obtain business requirements using interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, surveys, business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, business analysis, task, and workflow analysis.
- Analyzes and communicates application adoption issues, including problems with application functionality, data design and functional and technical software issues
- Recommends alterations and enhancements to improve application optimization and availability
- Translates business information needs into solution requirements
- Educate and assist customers utilizing system tools to help drive reporting and collaboration needs as required
- Strong analytical and project management skills required including thorough understanding of how to interpret customer business needs and translate them into application and operational requirements
- Take input from management and appropriately and accurately apply comments/feedback
- Clearly articulate ideas and thoughts verbally
- Accurately prepare written business correspondence that is coherent, grammatically correct, effective, and professional
- HIPAA compliance – responsible for maintaining abreast of and in compliance with all HIPAA regulations and requirements. Treats all member information confidential.
- Compliance – Ensure compliance with all local, state and federal regulations.
- QA/QI – Participate in QA/QI activities and contribute towards the overall performance improvement of the organization.
- IT – Required to learn and use the Electronic Health Record and Practice Electronic System and its components. As required by the job functions and highlighted in the Policies and Procedures. These components include NextGen, PMS, QSI and other electronic features, as they are developed and implemented as applicable to the work environment.
- All employees will participate in Patient Centered Health Home Model at Omni Family Health.
- Bachelor’s Degree in healthcare IT, computer science or information systems or equivalent experience required.
- Minimum 3+ year’s hands-on experience developing BI reporting, dashboards, and visualization solutions using any BI solution.
- 1-2 years' experience in data warehouse and BI design, development and support.
- Experience with database and logical models and analytical and quantitative models and an understanding of relational databases