Location: Corporate Bakersfield
Position Summary: Research and secure payment for uninsured, sliding scale, and under insured patients within the billing department. Utilize billing, collecting, research, and correspondence communication to solve accounts within Omni within the patient accounting system. Collects deposits and co-payments for uninsured, under insured, sliding fee scale and self-pay patients. Explains Omni Family Health financial policies and provides to patients in an attempt to offer alternatives to resolve outstanding balances. Acts as a liaison between the patient, the business office, and clinics to enhance account receivables performance and maximize service excellence. Provide a variety of patient and financial service tasks.
The following are essential job accountabilities:
- Identify all payer sources for patient. Perform patient registration, verification of benefits and ensure accurate demographic entry for all patient accounts within EPM system.
- Assist all patients with identifying alternative payment options while minimizing risk to OFH accounts receivable. Coordinate with accounts receivable staff regarding denial management corrective actions.
- Prioritize work to minimize interruptions and increase efficiency in collections process.
- Ensure continuous communication between the patient and OFH staff prior to scheduled procedures.
- Document all financial arrangements within EPM and notify specific clinic within approved department timelines
- Perform retrospective audits of new self pay accounts to update demographic information.
- Participate in patient accounts receivable collection campaigns as needed to meet department goals.
- Handle overflow patient calls
- Performs other related duties as assigned
- HIPAA compliance – Responsible for enforcing compliance with all HIPAA regulations and requirements. Treats all member information confidential.
- Compliance – Ensure compliance with all local, state, and federal regulations.
- QA/QI – Participate in QA/QI activities and contribute towards the overall performance improvement of the organization.
- IT – Required to learn and use the Electronic Health Record and Practice Electronic System and its components as required by the job functions and highlighted in the Policies and Procedures.
- All employees will participate in Patient Centered Home Health Model at Omni Family Health.
Qualifications, Education, and Experience
- High school diploma or GED
- Minimum of one year billing and accounts receivable experience in a physician practice environment.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to demonstrate effective communication skills with providers and management staff.
- Ability to draft and implement collection letters.
- Proficient with excel and other Microsoft office products.
- Knowledge of payor contracts.
- Proficiency and accuracy with multiple office tools and software.
- Accurate data entry skills with the ability to input data into computer systems, compile statistics, and generate resports.
Responsible to: Collections Supervisor
Classification: Full-time, Non-exempt