Title: Report Writer
Job Summary: Under the direction of the Director of Information Systems , the Report Writer is responsible for assessing and meeting the reporting needs of the organization. Responsible for maintaining development standards for the data services team and fulfilling all requests through analysis and development of requested reports.
- Work closely with data services team to determine report and database requirements.
- Develop recurring reports using SSRS and or/BI solution.
- Some ad-hoc report development in Excel, SSRS, and /or BI solution.
- Help create and document technical designs and project requirements.
- Improve existing database structures and modify, enhance and maintain existing reports.
- Creating design specifications for reports based on customer report request.
- Generate routine and ad-hoc reports using reporting tools to complete data requests.
- Present information in a concise, user-friendly format by determining target audience needs to support decision processes
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of staff to exchange information, ideas, and answer inquiries
- Maintain an inventory of existing and needed reports
- Identifying and validating the appropriate technological solution for various reporting needs
- Maintain and nurture relationships with key report users
- Interface with users to define report deliverables, issues, questions, needs, trends, and timing.
- Adhere to development methodology and standards
- Leverage strong communication skills to create relationships with partners and end-users
- HIPAA compliance – responsible for maintaining abreast of and in compliance with all HIPAA regulations and requirements. Treats all member information confidential.
- Compliance – Ensure compliance with all local, state and federal regulations.
- QA/QI – Participate in QA/QI activities and contribute towards the overall performance improvement of the organization.
- IT – Required to learn and use the Electronic Health Record and Practice Electronic System and its components. As required by the job functions and highlighted in the Policies and Procedures. These components include NextGen, PMS, QSI and other electronic features, as they are developed and implemented as applicable to the work environment.
- All employees will participate in Patient Centered Health Home Model at Omni Family Health.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Business Administration or Health Information Management; or approved equivalent combination of education and experience.
Experience: 2 or more years of experience with SSRS, Business Intelligence Development Studio, SQL Server 2008 R2 or higher.
- Strong SQL skill set for querying complex data structures
- Demonstrated understanding of data warehouse concepts and database programmability
- Experience developing ETL packages using SSIS a plus
- Self-starter; able to search for solutions
- Strong prioritization and interpersonal skills
Responsible to: Director of Information Systems
Classification: Full Time Position, Non-exempt