Job Summary: Has primary responsibility for coordinating all dietary and nutritional services under the general direction of the Director of Nursing. Responsible for the design, development and implementation of nutritional care plans and protocols. Also responsible for the coordination of these services with other services provided at the Center and with other organizations providing such services. Requires independent judgment and discretionary decision making. Also requires specific training and education as outlined below.
- Assist in the planning, arranging and conducting of dietetic programs.
- Conduct education and counseling programs for both individual patients and groups of patients.
- Counsel patients and interpret to professional and lay groups the special dietary needs of patients by major disease groups such as obesity, hypertension, and diabetes, as well as pregnancy.
- Conduct surveys and studies relating to nutritional status, dietary patterns and food needs of population groups.
- Review and evaluate recent nutrition research and interpret it to professionals and patients.
- Prepare nutrition educational materials and update protocols at least once a year.
- In charge of prenatal nutrition in accordance with established polices and procedures and in accordance with state and federal requirements.
- Assist in developing various program protocols and proposals.
- Coordinate with clinical, health education, community health and other staff members in the provision of services to patients.
- Coordinate with other organizational entities involved in dietetic/nutrition services.
- Utilize laboratory values and objective patient criteria in the provision of services.
- Assume other responsibilities as directed.
- Promote and believes in OFH mission statement.
- Ability to relate to the public regardless of ethnic, religion and economic status. Additional Duties:
- HIPAA compliance - Responsible for maintaining abreast of and in compliance with all HIPAA regulations and requirements. Treats all member information confidential.
- Compliance - Ensure compliance with all local, state and federal regulations.
- QA/QI - Participate in QA/QI activities and contribute towards the overall performance improvement of the organization.
- IT - Required to learn and use the electronic health record and practice electronic system and its components. As required by the job functions and highlighted in the Policies and Procedures. These components include NextGen, PMS, QSI and other electronic features, as they are developed and implemented, as applicable to work environment.
- All employees will participate in Patient Centered Health Home Model at Omni Family Health. Qualifications, Education, and Experience:
- Bachelor of Science in Dietetics with certification by the State of California is required.
- Experience in ambulatory health center preferred.
- Must have a valid California driver license.
- Familiar with and sensitive to various cultures, eating customs and foods, especially the Hispanic culture.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish preferred. Responsible To: Director of Nursing
Classification: Management, Exempt