Title: Network Administrator
Job Summary: Under direction from the Senior Network Administrator (or IT Manager), Responsible for organizing, modifying, installing, and supporting Omni’s network hardware and systems. Installs and configures LANs, WANs, Internet and intranet systems, network segments, and INFOSEC measures/systems; can also assist in administering computer systems and servers as required.
Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Installs, configures, and deploys networks WANs, LANs, VLANs and WLANs, including servers, routers, hubs, switches, UPSs and other hardware.
- Install and support LANs, WANs, network segments, Internet, and intranet systems.
- Install and maintain network hardware and software.
- Analyze and isolate network issues.
- Monitor networks to ensure security and availability to specific users.
- Evaluate and modify system's performance.
- Identify user network needs.
- Determine network and system requirements.
- Document network through diagrams and other methods.
- Maintain integrity of the network, server deployment, and security.
- Assist the Senior Network Administrator to ensure network connectivity throughout Omni’s LAN/WAN infrastructure is on par with technical considerations and application requirements.
- Perform network address assignment.
- Assign routing protocols and routing table configuration.
- Assign configuration of authentication and authorization of directory services.
- Maintain network facilities in individual machines, such as drivers and settings of personal computers as well as printers.
- Maintain network servers such as file servers, VPN gateways, INFOSEC systems.
- Develops protocols and configurations to ensure HIPAA regulations compliance.
- Administer software deployment, security updates and patches to network equipment/systems.
- Assist the Senior Network Administrator in researching new technologies and prepares written proposals with sound justifications and options.Assist the Senior Network Administrator in overseeing the Data Centers and Data Closets for correct installation, cable management, documentation, maintenance, and organization of mounted/installed equipment.
- May provide after-hours support as needed.
- Performs other job-related work as required.
- HIPAA compliance - Responsible for being aware of, and complying with, all HIPAA regulations and requirements. Treats all patient information as confidential.
- Compliance - Ensures compliance with all local, state and federal regulations.
- Quality Assessment/Quality Improvement - Participate in QA/QI activities and contribute towards the overall performance improvement in the organization.
- Information Technology - Required to learn and use the Electronic Health Record and Electronic Practice System and its components, as required by the job functions and highlighted in the Policies and Procedures. These components include NextGen, PMS, QSI and other electronic features, as they are developed and implemented, as applicable to work environment.
- All employees will participate in Patient Centered Health Home Model at Omni Family Health.
- Education: A high school diploma or the equivalent is required; Bachelors degree in Computer Science or Networking or an Vocational Network training certificate are preferred but not required.
- Experience: Minimum 2 years’ full-time experience in Network Administration, preferably in a healthcare setting. Experience working with network monitoring tools such as software-defined networking. General patch cable termination capabilities Cat5e and Cat6.
- Knowledge of networking, including: TCP/IP, VLANs, Ethernet, Switching, Routing and routing protocols MPLS, BGP, 802.1Q, DHCP and DNS.
- Skills: Demonstrates the ability and experience in documenting network and systems design, configuration, and recommendations. Communicates effectively both orally and in writing. Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite.
- Willingness and ability to learn new skills and apply them as needed.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Must have California Driver license (or be able to attain in first 30 days).
- Must be able to travel between clinics and Corporate office as required.
- Promotes and believes in the OFH mission statement.
Responsible to: IT Manager (or Director of Technology)
Classification: Full Time Position