Job Summary: The Medical Records Clerk handles dual functions at Omni Family Health (OFH). This person initiates medical charts and works closely with front office personnel, personnel and all staff.
- Initiates the medical chart, and routing it to the appropriate personnel. EMR-a message is sent to the appropriate personnel with chart attached.
- Responsible for inserting any tab results or other results needed for review by the provider as per policies and procedures established by OFH and in accordance with licensing and regulatory requirements or as instructed by the clinical staff. Check for patient identifying information on all documents. EMR Charts (mail, faxes, lab, hospital reports, or PM160‘s) need to be reviewed and scanned into patients profile with a message sent to the provider for review.
- In coordination with established policies and procedures, makes sure that payor information has been verified for each scheduled patient and that all patients are called the day before to confirm appointments. EMR charts need to have the verified insurance card and information scanned into the patient’s profile.
- Is responsible for inserting all documents in patients’ charts into the EMR in accordance with program requirements, policies and procedures established at the direction of the clinical staff such as:
- O. B. sheets in prenatal chart, and nutrition questionnaire and diet intake.
- Appropriate growth sheet for age and sex.
- Problem list, health maintenance sheet and the like (what does this mean).
- Every six months all registrations must be looked up and an update made when necessary; patient should be asked to verify their income at this time, if applicable.At the time the poverty guidelines change, re-registration of all patients will be necessary. EMR-The updated registration form and income verification is to be scanned into the patient’s profile.
- Pull charts as needed for special audits, peer review, refill requests and such. EMR-refill requests are entered into the EMR chart and a message is sent to the provider for approval.
- Perform other duties as required. Must relief receptionist when needed and perform related duties such as:
- Make copies of various forms when required.
- Mail out requests for records when presented with a properly completed medical release.
- Make copies of records in response to in-coming medical releases.
- EMR-print copies of out of EMR chart for medical release and scan release form into patient’s profile.
- Order forms and other necessary supplies when needed.
- EMR-Scan old Medical records from paper chart to EMR as instructed by provider.
- Review and answer EMR message on a daily basis.
- Ability to work under pressure and handle multi-functions.
- Ability and willingness to treat all patients with the utmost kindness and consideration in the most trying situations.
- Friendly personality with the desire to work with the publich.
- Understanding of community based organizations.
- Knowledge of bookkeeping and office functions.
- Promotes and believes in OFH mission statement.
- Ability to relate to the public regardless of ethnic, religious and economic status.
- Must be willing to work at any OFH location, other than the assigned site and be agreeable to work weekends, if so needed.
- Must obtain a Valid California Drivers License at all times plus proof of insurance, to allow you to be placed in all OFH clinics if needed.
- HIPAA compliance - Responsible for maintaining abreast of and in compliance with all HIPAA
- regulations and requirements. Treats all member information confidential.
- Compliance - Ensure compliance with all local, state and federal regulations.
- QA/QI - Participate in QA/QI activities and contribute towards the overall performance improvement of the organization.
- IT - Required to learn and use the Electronic Medical Records and Practice Electronic System and its components. As required by the job functions and highlighted in the Policies and Procedures. These components include NextGen, PMS, QSI and other electronic features, as they are developed and implemented, as applicable to work environment.
Qualifications, Education, and Experience:
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Two years experience in keeping medical records is highly desirable.
- Familiar with community health center setting and committed to serve in such activities.
- Ability to speak read and write Spanish is highly desirable.
- Familiar with medical terminology, and able to understand it.
- Ability to type at least 45 WPM.
- Possess excellent customer service, reception, and telephone skills.
- Must be well organized and a self starter.
Responsible To: Medical Records and Call Center Supervisor
Classification: Full or Part Time Position, Non-Exempt