Title: Information Technology Support Manager
Job Summary: Under direction from the Director of Information Systems, responsible for the oversight of the planning, implementation, training and technical support of the clinical applications. The IT Support Manager is responsible for the supervision of the Helpdesk, Training and Application support personnel, will also develop best use and best practice policies. This position will utilize necessary tools to benchmark customer support and service and track cases. This position will also spearhead the Omni IT knowledge base, standardized system builds and push technologies to better manage and track our IT assets in accordance and compliance with our Fiscal and purchasing department. This positions core aim is to support and facilitate the IS departments goals and objectives as a whole and in full support of Omni Family Health’s (OFH’s) mission and strategic goals. Additionally, it is equally required to effectively collaborate and coordinate with other IS managers and leaders of OFH.
Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Help Desk - Provide oversight and direction of Helpdesk to maintain continuity of patient facing services and core business related systems.
- Training – Provide guidance and oversight of training and orientation programs and team to address and improve data entry, workflow and data collection efforts. Prepare OFH staff to effectively use the technology resources and systems for their daily work.
- App Support – Provide guidance, direction and mentoring to Application support staff and facilitate communication, timeline completion, and integration of technology, systems and security.
- Provides oversight of managing the configuration and maintenance of any clinical module or add-ons including interfaces, Patient Portal, HQM, Offline Document Process, Background Business Processor and HIE.
- Provide guidance of analysis and documentation of the requirements of health center facilities and clinical workflows as they pertain to the implementation of Clinical Applications.
- Responsible for taking an active leadership position and will be proactive in installing and testing new application releases.
- Coordinate and perform the full lifecycle of EHR implementation such as kickoff, business analysis, functional specification, system configuration, design, testing and change management execution; ensuring compliance with all local, state and federal requirements.
- Responsible for maintaining a dynamic knowledge base of technical support solutions.
- Manages the desktop, VoIP, mobile device and other related device types using various industry based tools I.e. Management consoles for Active Directory, Anti-Virus, Malware, Data Loss Prevention, SCCM, Inventory, Helpdesk work orders, Alerting and Monitoring software suites and best practices.
- Ensures all users benefit from effective technology and efficient Internet access, and continually assesses needs and requirements
- Monitors online security for users and takes appropriate steps to address security breaches as necessary
- Establishes relationships with other leaders at Omni Family health, vendors, consultants, contractors and temporary staff.
- Provide resources for support department staff to include education, training coaching and mentoring.
- Manages departmental spending and tracks spending on equipment, resources, staff and vendors.
- Develops and maintains emergency plans to address equipment, power, or security failure to ensure preservation of technology and data
- Has a thorough understanding of available technology and researches to learn about innovative solutions and new releases
- Responsible for standardizing the end-user experience through training orientation and, installation and configuration of software on computer systems. Also, analyze and trend outages, gaps in support and organizations needs to align departmental and organizational objectives.
- Manages and coordinates Outage protocols and Change Control process and documentation to reduce outages.
- Effectively collaborates with other IT staff and leaders to provide seamless and expedient support and services. Review and Propose updates to Employee Information Security and Data Use Policies.
- Develops Service Level Agreement to the organization and escalation procedures.
- Foster an environment of excellent world class customer support from all IT support staff.
- Meet, communicate and mentor staff daily.
- HIPAA compliance - Responsible for being aware of, and complying with, all HIPAA regulations and requirements. Treats all patient information as confidential.
- Quality Assessment/Quality Improvement - Participate in QA/QI activities and contribute towards the overall performance improvement in the organization.
- Required to understand OFH core business application(s)and systems in use I.e. NextGen EHR, SAGE, ADP, Office 365, Cloud computing, Data Loss Prevention and contingency planning.
- Actively comply with all local, state, federal laws and OFH personnel policies and departmental protocols and procedures.
- Perpetuate industry best practices philosophy among team and facilitate continuous improvement in staff and technology systems.
- Supervise, plan, design and direct the work of subordinate staff if assigned.
- Must have a strong dedication to customer service for internal and external customers and develop strong interdepartmental relationships.
- Strong written, verbal and communication skills. With the ability to be persuasive, confident and content expert on subject matter.
- Promote and believe in OFH mission statement and vision.
- Develop and co-author IT departmental policies, procedures, standards and protocols
- May provide after-hours support as needed and other job-related work as required.
- Develop content, media and methods to streamline OFH employees training and orientation.
- Education: A high school diploma or the equivalent (e.g. GED); Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science preferred (can be substituted with 3 or more years IT Lead experience and at least 10 years of hands on experience working in a technical support role)
- Experience: Equivalent experience coaching and mentoring IT staff is required. Minimum of 10 years of experience working in a technical support role, preferably in a healthcare setting. Experience in successfully managing and delivering multiple projects preferred.
- Knowledge of corporate desktop technologies including Microsoft Windows Operating systems, Active Directory, computer imaging, backup of endpoints, basic security, Mobile Device Management preferred.
- Can establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with others to include vendors. Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite.
- Willingness and ability to learn new skills and apply them as needed.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Must have California Driver license (or be able to attain in first 30 days).
- Must be able to travel between clinics and corporate office as required.
- Promotes and believes in the OFH mission statement.
Responsible to: Director of Information Systems
Classification: Full Time Position, Exempt