Job Summary: Under direction from the Director of Information Systems, responsible for managing and supervising the Helpdesk and PC tech support personnel and, will also develop best use and best practice policies. This position will utilize necessary tools to benchmark customer support and service and track cases. This position will also spearhead the Omni IT knowledge base, standardized system builds and push technologies to better manage and track our IT assets in accordance and compliance with our Fiscal and purchasing department. This positions core aim is to support and facilitate the IS departments goals and objectives as a whole and in full support of Omni Family Health’s (OFH’s) mission and strategic goals. Additionally, it is equally required to effectively collaborate and coordinate with other IS managers and leaders of OFH.
Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provides oversight and direction of Helpdesk, VoIP, PC and mobile device support (Configuration, Monitoring, Inventory and Maintenance) to maintain continuity of medical services.
- Responsible for maintaining a dynamic knowledge base of technical support solutions.
- Manages the desktop, VoIP, mobile device and other related device types under stewardship of the management consoles for Active Directory, Anti-Virus, Malware, Data Loss Prevention, SCCM, Inventory, Helpdesk work orders, Alerting and Monitoring software suites.
- Coordinates training and orientation for new technology users and helps them become familiar with equipment and networks
- Ensures all users benefit from effective technology and efficient Internet access, and continually assesses needs and requirements
- Monitors online security for users and takes appropriate steps to address security breaches if necessary
- Establishes relationships with technology and component vendors
- Oversees IT support department staff, including education and, training.
- Manages departmental budget and tracks spending on equipment and staff.
- Develops and maintains emergency plans to address equipment, power, or security failure to ensure preservation of technology and data
- Has a thorough understanding of available technology and researches to learn about innovative solutions and new releases
- Responsible for the installation and configuration of software on computer systems, Analyze and trend outages, gaps in support and organizations needs to align department objectives.
- Manages Change Control process and documentation to reduce outages.
- Assist in implementing practices that will more effectively utilize department resources.
- Effectively collaborates with other IT managers to provide seamless and expedient support and services. Review and Propose updates to Employee Information Security and Data Use Policies.
- Develops Service Level Agreement to the organization and escalation procedures.
- Supervises and assigns work to staff.
- May provide after-hours support as needed.
- Performs other job-related work as required.
- HIPAA compliance – Responsible for being aware of, and complying with, all HIPAA regulations and requirements. Treats all patient information as confidential.
- Compliance – Ensures compliance with all local, state and federal regulations.
- Quality Assessment/Quality Improvement – Participate in QA/QI activities and contribute towards the overall performance improvement in the organization.
- Information Technology – Required to understand each and every key and core business application system in use I.e. NextGen EHR, SAGE, ADP, Office 365, Cloud computing, Data Loss Prevention and contingency planning
- All employees will participate in Patient Centered Health Home Model at Omni Family Health.
- Education: A high school diploma or the equivalent (e.g. GED); Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science (can be substituted with 6 years documented experience in supervision of staff administering networking, systems and core infrastructure in organizations larger than 500 users and over 10 WAN geographically dispersed sites.
- Experience: Equivalent experience managing IT staff is required; Minimum 5 years’ full-time experience in Network or Systems Administration, preferably in a healthcare setting. Experience in successfully managing and delivering multiple projects.
- Knowledge of networking, including: TCP/IP, VLANs, Ethernet, Switching, Routing and routing protocols MPLS, BGP, 802.1Q, DHCP and DNS, along with Systems Administration that includes Windows Server, Server Virtualization, and SAN data storage.
- Ability to: Supervise, plan, design and direct the work of subordinate staff if assigned.
- Ability to plan and successfully deliver IT projects. Ability to plan and track budgets both orally and in writing.
- Can establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with others to include vendors. Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite.
- Willingness and ability to learn new skills and apply them as needed.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Must have California Driver license (or be able to attain in first 30 days).
- Must be able to travel between clinics and corporate office as required.
- Promotes and believes in the OFH mission statement.
Responsible to: Director of Information Systems
Classification: Full Time Position, Exempt