Title: Informatics Manager
Job Summary: Under the direction of the Director of Information Systems (DIS), the Informatics Manager oversees all activities and resources associated with Electronic Health Record (EHR) and Electronic Dental Record (EDR) initiatives and related Clinical Information Systems. The role will direct all Health Information Technology implementations, start-ups and operational activities, including workflow development, implementation, training, support and administrative functions in collaboration with our Clinical and Operations teams. The Informatics Manager will cultivate, maintain and enhance team collaboration, customer relationships and vendor relationships to further the strategic goals of the organization.
Essential Job Functions:
- Supports the DIS and CIO with all operations, projects and resources of Health Information Technology across all functions (Implementation, Support, and Training & Administration).
- Proactively monitors and reports on the performance and capacity requirements of Health Information Technology, and directs follow-up to avoid issues.
- Monitor and manage tickets submitted and hold informatics team accountable for timely close of tickets and issues.
- Regularly analyze the support tickets for process improvement and training opportunities.
- Responsible for managing the configuration and maintenance of Health Information Technology or add-ons, including interfaces or third party software.
- Responsible for taking an active leadership position and will be proactive in installing and testing new application releases and gap analysis.
- Oversee the development, publish and maintenance of end user and training and workflow documentation.
- Prepare recommendations and/or alternatives that address existing and potential areas of improvement related to HIT while establishing protocols and standards for data collection.
- Coordinate and perform the full lifecycle of EHR implementation such as kickoff, business analysis, functional specification, system configuration, design, testing and change management execution; ensuring compliance with all local, state and federal requirements.
- Provides recommended improvements to methods, tools, and procedures for service delivery.
- Develops scheduled phases, activities, tasks, and work plans, and tracks milestones and associated deliverables
- Work closely with other departments to assure continuous HIT training.
- Responsible for overall planning, organizing and execution of all application support functions for company. This includes directing all training operations to meet company requirements as well as working with IT Management to support and maintain the existing infrastructure, applications and development of new technical solutions.
- Manage and coordinate Electronic Health Record User Groups and build strong vendor and health center relationships with goals of identifying shared problems and solutions, best practices and influencing vendor responses to problems and needs.
- Develop and implement a strategy for ongoing Health Information Technology trainings with the goal of full implementation efficiency by health center providers.
- Design and develop issue briefs, educational sessions at conferences, webinars, resources and tools that represent best practice use cases of health information technology.
- Mentor and coach team members towards best practices, industry standards and process improvement,
- Other work-related duties as assigned. Duties can be either verbal or written.
- HIPAA compliance - Responsible for being aware of, and complying with, all HIPAA regulations and requirements. Treats all patient information as confidential.
- Compliance - Ensures compliance with all local, state and federal regulations.
- Quality Assessment/Quality Improvement – Participate as assigned in QA/QI activities and contribute towards the overall performance improvement in the organization.
- Information Technology - Required to understand each and every key and core business application system in use I.e. NextGen EHR, SAGE, ADP, Office 365, Cloud computing, Data Loss Prevention and contingency planning.
- All employees will participate in Patient Centered Health Home Model at Omni Family Health.
- Ability to supervise, plan, design and direct the work of subordinate staff as assigned.
- Demonstrates the ability and experience in planning, budgeting, organizing, and documenting network and systems design and configuration.
- Perpetuate industry best practices philosophy among team and facilitate continuous improvement in staff and technology systems.
- Embody strong dedication to customer service for internal and external customers and develop strong interdepartmental relationships.
- Strong written, verbal and communication skills. With the ability to be persuasive, confident and content expert on subject matter.
- Reliable transportation.
- Promote and believe in OFH mission statement and vision.
- Develop and co-author IT departmental policies, procedures, standards and protocols
- May provide after-hours support as needed and other job-related work as required.
- Demonstrates promptness and sense of urgency pertaining to projects, outages, policies and procedures.
- Establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with others to include vendors.
Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in information technology/computer science, business, clinical or related field. Other degree and experience will be evaluated on a case by case.
Minimum of three years’ experience with health information technology and the implementation, training, and/or support of Electronic Health Records. Possess some experience working directly with Federal, State or County funded programs. Working with community health center or health related industries is highly desirable.
Minimum 2-years in an IT lead position, preferably in a healthcare setting. Experience in successfully managing and delivering multiple projects.
Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint), data dictionary usage, and software/hardware management.
Have the ability to compose and produce a variety of documented reports, working with Electronic Health Records, UDS, Meaningful Use, HEDIS reports.
Responsible to: Director of Information Systems