Title: Human Resources Manager
Job Summary: The Human Resources Manager leads human resources practices designed to provide an employee-oriented; high-performance culture that emphasizes empowerment, quality, productivity, and standards; goal attainment, and the recruitment and ongoing development of a superior workforce for the organization. Under the direction of the Director of Human Resources (DHR) this position is responsible for the day-to-day operations of the Human Resources area. Particularly, the position oversees functions that are within the Talent Acquisition & Guidance (TAG) team. It is the expectation that the Human Resources Manager demonstrate to the team and members of the OFH staff exceptional customer service, communication, ethics, with solid work ethic.
- Oversees and manages the work of TAG team personnel. Encourages the ongoing development of the Human Resources staff.
- Plans, organizes and executes the activities of the department. Participates in developing department goals, objectives and systems with HR management (DHR & CHRO).
- Ensures planning, monitoring, and appraisal of employee work results for the department.
- Supports OFH management by supporting and assisting in training managers to coach and discipline employees.
- Works with the HR management in scheduling management conferences with employees; hearing and resolving employee grievances; counseling employees and supervisors.
- Supports the DHR in the implementation and annually updates to the compensation program; rewrites job descriptions as necessary; responsible for ensuring and conducting annual salary surveys: analyzes compensation.
- Consults legal counsel when appropriate to ensure that OFH policies comply with federal, state, and local law.
- Oversees the maintains a human resources information system to meet management informational needs. This includes ensuring accurate information is captured within the system by the TAG team.
- Assist DHR in the development and implementation and monitoring of OFH’s performance evaluation program and revises as necessary.
- Oversees OFH recruitment process. This includes review and approval of requested additional positions and reconciliation against OFH personnel budget.
- Develops, recommends and implements personnel policies and procedures.
- Works with HR management in the preparation and maintenance of the OFH employee handbook.
- Supports the DHR in the development and revision of department policies and procedures.
- Works with HR management to oversees benefits administration to include claims resolution, change reporting, approving invoices for payment, annual re-evaluation of policies for cost-effectiveness, information activities program and cash flow.
- Oversees the recruitment efforts for the TAG team (with the exception of provider personnel recruitment). Works with TAG and supervisors to develop and streamline screening process and interviewing of candidates.
- Oversees the integrity of the hiring process by ensuring that personnel conduct reference checking; extends job offers appropriately; conducts new-employee orientations and employee relations counseling. May conduct exit interviews.
- Oversees the maintenance and compliance of department records. Ensures that HR personnel are organizing and storing records per OFH and State of CA record retention expectations.
- Oversees the maintenance of the Human Resources Department SharePoint page along with maintaining organizational charts and employee directory.
- Evaluates reports, decisions and results of department initiatives in relation to established goals. Recommends new approaches, policies and procedures to effect continual improvements in efficiency of department and services performed.
- Supports employee relations by overseeing, reviewing, and making recommendations to OFH orientation program.
- Additional work-related duties and tasks as assigned. Duties may be provided either verbally or in writing.
- HIPAA compliance - Responsible for maintaining abreast of and in compliance with all HIPAA regulations and requirements. Treats all member information confidential.
- Compliance - Ensure compliance with all local, state and federal regulations.
- QA/QI - Participate in QA/QI activities and contribute towards the overall performance improvement of the organization.
- IT - Required learning and using the EHR/EOHR (Medical Practice Electronic System) and its components. As required by the job functions and highlighted in the Policies and Procedures. These components include NextGen, Healthport, PMS, QSI and other electronic features, as they are developed and implemented, as applicable to work environment.
- All employees will participate in Patient Centered Health Home Model at Omni Family Health.
Qualifications, Education, and Experience:
- BS/BA degree in business administration or human resources preferred.
- Minimum five (5) years of human resource experience with a BS/BA degree, or:
- Minimum eight (8) years of experience in the HR field with increased responsibilities associate with duration of experience..
- PHR or SHRM – CP certification preferred, but not required.
Knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Possesses effective communication skills to be able to develop correspondence with little to no assistance. Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively communicate with a wide range of individuals and constituencies in a diverse community.
- Knowledge of employment labor law, federal and state requirement, and a good understanding of company and departmental policies and procedures.
- Research, analytical, and critical thinking skills.
- Ability to type accurately as a speed of at least 45 WPM.
- Skill in analyzing and evaluating various HR related issues.
- Knowledge of computerized information systems used in human resources applications.
- Strong computer skills, to include database management, word processing, creating spreadsheets, e-mail, and the internet.
- Ability to plan, coordinate, and administer complex administrative systems and processes.
- Ability to make administrative and procedural decisions and judgments on sensitive, confidential issues.
- Ability to continuously learn and adapt to employment situations.
- Familiar with OSHA safety requirements for office environment.
- Knowledge of both HIPAA and confidentiality/security requirements in the office setting.
- Self-starter and self-motivated. Ability to keep composure under pressure. Understands personal internal locus of control.
- Experience in meeting facilitation, curriculum building, staff development, and career counseling.
- Project management understanding and experience.
- Ability to perform analysis, develop PowerPoint presentations, create memorandum, reports, and perform graphic design functions.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) a plus.
Responsible To: Director of Human Resources (DHR) and Chief Human Resources Officer (CHRO)
Classification: Full Position, Non-Exempt