Title: Human Resources Clerk
Job Summary: The Human Resource Clerk works to support the Talent Acquisition & Guidance (TAG) team to help compile and maintain employee records for the organization. Assists in the development and maintenance of a comprehensive filing system and computer database for all documents to be retained in the personnel filing area. Assists HR team members in the retrieval of both electronic and paper documents. This clerical positions assists with the daily administrative operations of the human resource department. This full-time non-exempt position reports directly to HR management.
- Supports the work of the team by filing all incoming personnel materials in appropriate personnel files.
- Responsible for creating personnel files (both personnel and confidential files) for newly hired personnel.
- Ensures that information is correctly filed for ease of accessibility for HR personnel and management.
- Ensures that employee documents and information is secured and kept confidential by enforcing OFH policies on record security, retention, and destruction.
- Supports the department move to a paperless office by scanning and processing incoming documents with upload to employee profile on HRIS system.
- Works with HR team members in the archiving recruitment materials (applications, demographic information, and authorization for background check forms). Responsible for following OFH procedures on recordkeeping and destruction of documents for recruitment.
- Assists the team by searching for and investigating information contained in files.
- Ensures immigration compliance by performing semi-annual I-9 form audit.
- Ensures the organization and neatness of the HR filing room.
- Tracks OFH uniform inventory. Responsible for pulling requested sizes for HR team members.
- Works closely with HR Assistant and Director of Human Resources on uniform ordering.
- Supports the HR Assistant with preparation of outgoing department mail.
- Works closely and assists recruiting personnel in the collection of job fair items and materials. Helps to organize and prepare materials for recruiting personnel.
- Maintains employee confidence and protects operations by keeping personnel data and all related materials confidential.
- Effectively communicates to Director of Human Resources current workload requests and related Human Resources issues as they arise.
- Consistently works and greets staff using pleasant demeanor and manner.
- Consistently communicates with all staff in a pleasant tone either verbally or when using written communication.
- Remains focused on the goals during periods of conflicting priorities. Speaks their mind and questions the CHRO and DHR for clarification in determining work priorities.
- Ensures that they quickly report issues that may be outside of compliance with Federal, State and Local legal requirements with regard to Human Resources processes by following established Human Resources policies as set by OFH Board of Directors and procedures as set by management staff.
- Various other work-related duties as assigned by supervisor. These duties and responsibilities may be added, deleted, or changed at any time at the discretion of management, formally or informally either verbally or in writing.
- Contributes to the team effort by effectively communicating needs to other members of the administrative/fiscal support staff with whom this position closely works
- As a team member of OFH, respects and protects information regarding patients and other team members and abide by the rules of the OFH Confidentiality Statement Protocol.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
- Attends and actively participates in all meetings (e.g., management team meetings, department meetings, program meetings, case management meetings, employee staff meetings) and other activities as required or assigned.
- Works flexible or extended hours where necessary.
- Demonstrates awareness of, and compliance with, organizational mission and objective of Omni Family Health to provide health care access and support services for all members of the community.
- Complies with Federal, State and Local legal requirements by following developed OFH Human Resources and corporate policies and procedures.
- HIPAA compliance - Responsible for maintaining abreast of and in compliance with all HIPAA regulations and requirements. Treats all member information confidential.
- Compliance - Ensure compliance with all local, state and federal regulations.
- QA/QI - Participate in QA/QI activities and contribute towards the overall performance improvement of the organization.
- IT –May be required to learn and use the Electronic Health Record and Practice Electronic System and its components. As required by the job functions and highlighted in the Policies and Procedures. These components include Next Gen, PMS, QSI and other electronic features, as they are developed and implemented, as applicable to work environment.
- All employees will participate in Patient Centered Health Home Model at Omni Family Health.
qualifications, Education, and Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED minimum.
- One (1) to Two (2) years prior office experience preferred.
- Strong Customer Service Skills (preferably within a service industry).
- Modern office practices and procedures (including email).
- Demonstrated Proficiency with MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio)
- General computer skills with demonstrated proficiency.
- Basic filing skills
- Strong communication skills
- Strong Problem-solving/Analytical Skills
Responsible to: Director of Human Resources
Classification: Full-time; Non-exempt