- Floater (1)
- CA Ave.
Job Summary: This position is one of the most important functions in the health care delivery system and the first point where contact is made personally or by telephone. The person will receive the patient and direct them to the services needed. Making appointments and making preliminary assessment category of payment for patients are essential before provider can see them.
- Welcome patients as they contact the center personally or by telephone, and explain the services available, payment categories, and billing procedures.
- Schedule appointments; direct walk-in patients and emergencies as per established policies and procedures.
- Answer all incoming calls and route them to the appropriate staff.
- Register all patients per registration protocols an collect all documentation.
- Generate route slips for each patient, and assure that all services provided have been checked out properly.
- Reviews and verifies patient coverage of insurance or other agencies and computes the charges to be paid by the patient.
- Collects deposits or co-pays/deductibles prior to the patient being seen by the provider per established policies and procedures. Inform patient of their outstanding balance, collect said balance, and issue cash receipt when monies are collected.
- Work closely with Medical, Dental and Nursing staff to assure smooth patient flow and cut down on waiting time.
- Work closely with the health promotion personnel and refer them to patients who did not keep their appointment for follow-up.
- Call and remind patient of his/her appointment.
- Follow up on “no show” patients on a daily basis.
- Communicate patient’s problem/complaint to the office manager or his/her designee.
- Other related duty as the job requires.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Ability and willingness to treat all patients with the utmost kindness and consideration in the most trying situations.
- Friendly personality with the desire to work with the public.
- Ability to handle multi-functions.
- Understanding of community based organizations.
- Communicate patients’ problems to the medical staff.
- Knowledge of bookkeeping and office functions.
- Promotes and believes in OFH mission statement.
- Ability to relate to the public regardless of ethnic, religious and economic status.
- HIPAA compliance – responsible for maintaining abreast of and in compliance with all H.I.P.A.A. regulations and requirements. Treats all member information confidential.
- Compliance – Ensure compliance with all local, state and federal regulations.
- QA/QI – Participate in QA/QI activities and contribute towards the overall performance improvement of the organization.
- IT – Required to learn and use the EHR/EOHR (Medical Practice Electronic System) and its components. As required by the job functions and highlighted in the Policies and Procedures.
Qualification, Education, and Experience:
- High school graduate/GED.
- Formal training from a vocational school in lieu of the above.
- One year of medical experience from a similar setting.
- Ability to relate to patients, through familiarity with medical terminology and triage procedure.
- Must believe in health care with dignity for all.
- Ability to communicate with people and understand their problems.
- Ability to speak read and write in English and Spanish is desirable.