Location: Administration - Bakersfield
Job Summary: Under the supervision and direction of the Director of Administrative Affairs, this positions works closely with the Executive Management Team to accomplish the goals and directives of the organization. Handles special projects with a high level of confidentiality, detail and professionalism. May supervise all or part of the administrative assistants at Omni Family Health (OFH) sites, follows up on all outstanding matters, and performs other related work.
- Assist Executive Team Members in planning and coordinating daily calendar; Schedule meetings and appointments and make travel and other logistical arrangements as directed.
- Work closely and effectively with Executive Team Members to ensure Team Members are well informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities, following up appropriately.
- Assist and work closely with all corporate branches, divisions and/or departments in accordance with OFH’s policies and procedures and as directed by the Director of Corporate Administrative Affairs.
- Provide a bridge for smooth and productive communication between the CEO and internal departments, demonstrating leadership to maintain credibility, trust and support with executive management and staff.
- Attend administrative, board and committee meetings, take notes and prepare meeting agendas and prepare minutes as directed; Organize appropriate follow-ups from all meetings and track timely completion of tasks as necessary.
- Responsible for organizational functions and general meeting support: including arranging meeting space, preparing agendas, tracking follow-up and securing food and supplies as needed.
- Type and proofread a wide variety of reports, letters, memoranda and correspondence and independently composes correspondence and reports related to an assigned area of responsibility.
- Assist with project development; prioritize simultaneous or conflicting needs; handle matters expeditiously, proactively and follow-through on projects to successful completion, often with deadline pressures.
- May plan or assist in the planning of internal and external events including Management Team meetings, trips and annual leadership meetings. May track vacation schedules of corporate employees for the purpose of use by the Director of Corporate Administrative Affairs or the Chief Executive Officer.
- Create and maintain reports and presentations as directed.
- Maintain accurate files and records for easy follow up.
- Responsible for all administrative and executive ordering of supplies and keeps up inventory of supplies.
- In charge of administration staff and administrative assistants at all sites, “selecting and evaluation” in conjunction with Director of Corporate Administrative Affairs, CEO, department directors, Chiefs or his/her appointees.
- Other duties and/or responsibilities as the Director of Corporate Administrative Affairs may assign from time to time.
- Ability to work under pressure and handle multi-functions in proficient and efficient manner.
- Must possess exceptional communication skills, knowledge of community needs, and willing to participate in some community activities when required.
- Must be familiar with the health care delivery system practices through education, training or experience. Must understand patient demands and hold effective communication skills with the public.
- Must update him/herself with funding sources requirements, data collection, and have the ability to explain the services under different programs to the patients/ public/ agencies and the ability to train others on the same.
- Able to function independently and create his/her own initiative to progress and succeed.
- Must be alert and respect confidentiality of information of all types “General personnel, and/or patient related information.”
- Promotes and believes in OFH mission statement.
- Ability to relate to the public regardless of race, ethnicity, religion, age, sex, disability or economic status.
- HIPAA compliance - Responsible for staying abreast of and in compliance with all HIPAA regulations and requirements. Treats all member information confidential.
- Compliance - Ensure compliance with all local, state and federal regulations.
- QA/QI - Participate in QA/QI activities and contribute towards the overall performance improvement of the organization.
- IT - Required to learn and use the Electronic Health Record and Practice Electronic System and its components. As required by the job functions and highlighted in the Policies and Procedures. These components include NextGen, PMS, QSI and other electronic features, as they are developed and implemented, as applicable to work environment.
- All employees will participate in Patient Centered Health Home Model at Omni Family Health.
Qualifications, Education and Experience: Level I
- Bachelor’s Degree required;
- Minimum of 3-5 year’s administrative experience, with experience in supervision. Assisting C-level executives desired.
- Project Management training preferred.
- Superior communication (both oral and written), multi-tasking and organizational skills required.
- Excellent skills in Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint required.
- Demonstrated proactive approaches to problem-solving, with strong decision making capability.
- Emotional maturity.
- Highly resourceful team player, with the ability to also be extremely effective independently.
- Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion.
- Forward thinker, who actively seeks opportunities and proposes solutions.
- All qualifications and experience from Level I.
- Minimum one year experience as an Executive Services Coordinator I at Omni Family Health.
- Master’s degree preferred.
This description is intended to provide only basic guidelines for meeting job requirements. Responsibilities, knowledge, skills, abilities and working conditions may change as needed. Responsible To: Director of Corporate Administrative Affairs Classification: Full or Part Time Position, Exempt