Bakersfield (Corporate Office)
Job Summary: The Director of Communications must have excellent organizational abilities, be comfortable working in a deadline driven time sensitive work environment and capable of managing multiple projects with overlapping and/or conflicting deadlines. This position is responsible for planning, development and implementation of all of the organization’s marketing strategies, marketing communications, and public relations activities, both external and internal. This position will oversee the development and implementation of support materials and manage the print/production vendors, photographers and other third-party vendors. This includes developing timelines and oversight of the execution and production of all copy, photography, graphic design, website development, digital assets and public relations assets as needed by the organization. In addition to interfacing effectively with all department heads and creative partners, also direct the efforts of the marketing, communications and public relations staff.
- Manage the organization’s brand and reputation
- Oversee the production of all creative/editorial concepts that are used in all marketing communication mediums including print, video, event branding, online marketing, website, and social media
- Create and launch press releases and marketing campaigns
- Develop branding initiatives, internal communications and external media relations
- Develop creative timelines for all marketing communication needs, and timetable and track development of all creative projects
- Manage media relations and maximize media opportunities
- Works collaboratively with staff to edit and post online content, including blog posts, as requested. Supports blogging activities, posting activities such as Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, YouTube and other interactive social media tools and platforms
- Inform respective functional groups of project status at key points in the creative development and notify them of any revisions to project timelines if dates are in jeopardy
- Manage and monitor marketing budget and provide budgetary status to supervisor
- Monitor and maintain quality standards for all creative/marketing output
- Determine communications strategy and execute programs to deliver communications objectives throughout the organization
- Assist with informal and formal market research and analyze data and results, as needed
- Communicate with and manage the print/production vendors, photographers and other third-party vendors for marketing communications projects, programs, etc.
- Experience using digital camera and software, video equipment and audio recording equipment. As needed, takes photographs and shoots video footage.
- Maintain branding standardization throughout organization
- Develop an annual marketing plan and budget adequate to continue to provide products and services necessary to develop internal and external marketing services
- Provide timely reports on Resource Development and Communications to the senior leadership team
- Plan and supervise the implementation of special events and smaller local market events
- HIPAA compliance - Responsible for maintaining abreast of and in compliance with all HIPAA regulations and requirements. Treats all member information confidential.
- Compliance - Ensure compliance with all local, state and federal regulations.
- QA/QI - Participate in QA/QI activities and contribute towards the overall performance improvement of the organization.
- IT - Required to learn and use the Electronic Health Record and Practice Electronic System and its components. As required by the job functions and highlighted in the Policies and Procedures. These components include NextGen, PMS, QSI and other electronic features, as they are developed and implemented, as applicable to work environment.
- All employees will participate in Patient Centered Health Home Model at Omni Family Health.
Experience, Qualifications and Education
Bachelor's degree in marketing, communications, or related discipline required. Advanced degree and/or post-graduate training in marketing or Communications preferred
Five (5) years of communications experience, ideally in an “in-house” leadership role within a complex (number and variety of constituents) nonprofit entity, and covering areas such as website content, internal newsletters and employee communications, and external marketing and advertising.
- The ability to take knowledge and transform it into exciting and useful messages, and disseminate it to the right audiences through the best distribution channels is critical.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with specific attention paid to writing, proofreading and editing marketing communications materials
- Fluent in current graphic design practices, web production software and other applications, such as Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Flash and PowerPoint
- Knowledge of WordPress and related blogging tools
- Exceptional project management and organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple projects, prioritize, and meet tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment for projects with varying scopes
- Proactive, solution-oriented, and articulate
- Strong attention to detail and impeccable follow-through
- Strong teamwork, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Adaptable in the face of rapidly changing priorities
- Must interact with project managers, designers, writers and business leaders comfortably and confidently
- Possess general knowledge of printing, retouching, photography, and packaging processes
- Have the ability to negotiate within a context of political sensitivity and competing interests
- Maturity and sound judgment
- Ability to make decisions and justify recommendations.
- Organized, strategic approach to creating and managing marketing deliverables
- Must have keen insights into market behavior, health care issues and the community served by the organization.
- Experience contracting for and managing services provided by external consultants and experts
- Strategic thinking: ability to set priorities, balance short-term and long-term objectives, and organize contacts to lay the basis for long-term relationship
- Ability to work independently as well as collegiality.
- Exceptional time-management, with the ability to manage and meet tight deadlines.