Job Summary: Under the supervision and direction of the immediate supervisor, the Scheduling Coordinator will be responsible for monitoring, tracking and maintaining clinic schedules. Conduct appointment blocking, develop templates, open schedule, apply schedules, modify templates and/or schedules as needed, and track changes. The Scheduling Coordinator will develop, generate, and provide regular status reports related to provider schedules as well as collect and report all scheduling requests to the approving manager. The Scheduling Coordinator will interact with providers, site supervisors, staff as well as the Chief Dental Officer while ensuring accurate and confidential provider scheduling data.
- Function with aautonomy
- Extreme attention to detail proficient in Microsoft Office and all applications.
- Communicate effectively to other department leads.
- Actively participate in special projects
- Communicate with key personnel at Omni Family Health Centers to coordinate scheduling of staff during absences/trainings.
- Demonstrate effective communication and problem-solving skills.
- Responsible for the creating resources and templates, apply templates to the provider calendars at appropriate intervals, block schedules with appropriate approval, and make modifications based on policy and procedures.
- Maintain providers, hygienists, dental assistants and health education specialist schedule for the organization by tracking and utilizing a database while ensuring high quality standards are maintained.
- Conduct audits and provide feedback to reduce errors and improve processes and performance.
- Track time off requests in order to assist in adequately staffing clinic sites.
- Prepare, keep logs, and/or spreadsheet reports that monitor daily scheduling activity at a glance for the organization.
- Plan and prepare any reporting tools that assist in determining required changes to schedules.
- Communicate with sites, departments, supervisors, any other necessary Omni employees regarding absences or schedule changes.
- Adhere to scheduling policies and communicate with proper personal and supervisor regarding deviations made.
- Attend to other duties as assigned.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities
- HIPAA compliance - Responsible for maintaining abreast of and in compliance with all HIPAA regulations and requirements. Treat all member information confidential.
- Compliance - Ensure compliance with all local, state and federal regulations.
- Quality Assurance/Quality Improvement- Participate in QA/QI activities and contribute towards the overall performance improvement of the organization.
- IT - Required learning and using the Electronic Health/Dental Record and Electronic Practice Management System (EDR/EHR/EPM) and its components. As required by the job functions and highlighted in the Policies and Procedures. These components include NextGen, Schedule Anywhere and other electronic features, as they are developed and implemented, as applicable to work environment.
- All employees will participate in Patient Centered Health Home Model at Omni Family Health.
- Follow all safety rules while on the job. Report accidents promptly and correct minor safety hazards
Qualifications, Education, and Experience:
- High school graduate. Associates Degree will replace two years of experience. Dental background preferred
- Minimum 3-5 years’ administrative experience in a similar setting.
- Aggressive, dedicated to work with others and have commitment to carry on work under pressure.
- Able to function independently and create own initiative to progress and succeed.
- Knowledge of office procedures is required.
- Must have good communication skills and writing skills.
- Must be alert and respect confidentiality of information of all types “General personnel, and/or patient related information”.
- Must be able to type 55 WPM.
- Must be proficient in MS Office suite, Email, Internet
- Bilingual in English/Spanish preferred
Responsible To: Chief Dental Officer
Classification: Full or Part Time Position, Non-Exempt