Job Summary: Under the direction of the Chief Financial Officer, the Contract Administrator is responsible for the management, evaluation, updating, distribution, and system entry of all new and existing contracts, amendments and addendums for Omni Family Health.
- Conducts preliminary review of contracts and documents for accuracy with the appropriate departments before authorized representative’s sign, ensuring language meets legal regulatory compliance requirements. Works closely with the office of the CEO to obtain the necessary signatures.
- Files contracts physically and electronically within the appropriate storage locations, and manages contract management system.
- Provides education to operational, administrative, and clinical staff related to contracts, agreements, leases and any other binding documents.
- Oversee and enforce organizational contract development and management activities utilizing organizational principles of integrity and compliance.
- Develop standards for contracts, including presentation of budget, payment terms, release, general language and special provisions.
- Review contractual performance with appropriate departments to ensure compliance with terms, and identifies conflicts and recommends revisions prior to contract renewal.
- Independently monitor, analyze, and report on expiring contracts, working closely with the department leadership to avoid interruption in patient care, health center operations, and/or price continuity.
- Develop and monitor key performance indicators for the contracts management function.
- Provide contracts and reports to management during audits and at other requests as needed.
- Works with administrative staff to communicate with corporate retained attorney on contracts that need legal review.
- Prepare vendor termination letters.
- Works cooperatively with Legal Counsel to develop contract templates that adheres to state and federal requirements.
- Aid in the revisions to contracts, agreements and other corporate documents.
- Use contract management software to appropriate store document and create a tickler system for managing contract status (i.e. effective, renewal, and termination dates).
- Attend training classes and informative meetings to further corporate law knowledge.
- Other work related duties as determined by the Chief Financial Officer. These duties may be verbal or in writing.
- H.I.P.A.A. Compliance – Responsible for maintaining current and in compliance with all H.I.P.A.A. regulations and requirements. Treats all member information confidential.
- Compliance – Ensure compliance with all local, state and federal regulations.
- IT – Required to learn and use the Policies and Procedures for these components to include M.I.P., Next Gen, Health port, PMS, QSI, OSIS and other electronic tools, as they are developed and implemented, as applicable to work environment.
Qualifications, Education, and Experience:
Bachelor’s degree in Healthcare Administration, Business Management or related field preferred.
Minimum four years’ experience in contracting and negotiation experience, preferably in a medical setting.
Certified Paralegal certification is preferred, but not required.
- Experience in managed care practices and procedures, specifically in contracting language and negotiations is preferred, but not required.
- Expertise in Microsoft Office Suite is required.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Exhibits tact and professionalism in difficult situations.
- Demonstrates an understanding of and adheres to privacy, confidentiality, and security policies and procedures related to Protected Health Information (PHI) or other sensitive and personal information.
- Meticulous work approach.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
Responsible to: Chief Financial Officer
Classification: Full Time Position, Exempt