Title: Collections Supervisor
Position Summary: Plans, organizes and supervises the daily operations of insurance collections, patient accounts, payment posting and account reconciliation teams for Omni Family Health. Responsible for understanding and adjudicating managed care agreements, outside vendor contracts, transfer of accounts to outside collection and the reconciliation and timely patient and government payer refund process . Responsible for recruiting, teaching and maintaining adequate staffing levels to effectively collect, reconcile and refund accounts in a timely manner. Develops and monitors employee productivity and quality of work.
The following are essential job accountabilities:
- Supervises the personnel assigned to the follow up on outstanding A/R, patient balances and process insurance & patient payments. Monitors employee productivity as well as the quality of their work. Monitors and approves overtime as necessary. Assists staff with issues related to training, personnel matters (i.e. payroll, discipline, vacation and time off requests) and information system issues. Interviews and hires staffs as necessary.
- Monitors collector work files for account activity, aging and employee productivity as well as quality of work.
- Maintains level of knowledge for managed care contracts and reimbursement criteria. Attends departmental meetings in order to enhance communications within departments. Participates in process improvement.
- Assists with quality review of clinic front offices. In addition to establishing electronic systems to improve the rate and accuracy of upfront collections.
- Reviews and resolves the more difficult customer service complaints. Maintains continuous quality improvement.
- Serves as a resource for billing department and personnel.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
- HIPAA compliance – Responsible for enforcing compliance with all HIPAA regulations and requirements. Treats all member information confidential.
- Compliance – Ensure compliance with all local, state, and federal regulations.
- QA/QI – Participate in QA/QI activities and contribute towards the overall performance improvement of the organization.
- IT – Required to learn and use the Electronic Health Record and Practice Electronic System and its components as required by the job functions and highlighted in the Policies and Procedures.
- All employees will participate in Patient Centered Home Health Model at Omni Family Health.
Qualifications, Education, and Experience
- High school graduate with three years of medical billing and accounts receivable experience.
- Basic knowledge of CPT and ICD10 codes as is necessary to resolve accounts.
- Minimum of 5 years multi-specialty physician billing, revenue cycle management and leadership experience.
- Ability to operate computers, Microsoft operating system and provide direction to staff as needed.
- Must be able to take responsibility and work under pressure.
- Ability to work under pressure and handle multiple functions.
- Knowledge of community based organizations.
- Ability to communicate with the providers and medical/dental providers and staff.
- Knowledge of CDT, CPT and ICD10 codes.
- Promotes and believes in Omni Family Health mission statement.
- Ability to work proficiently and effectively within a timely manner.
- Knowledge of account receivable processes, payor codes, and other bookkeeping functions.
Responsible to: Revenue Cycle Management Manager
Classification: Full-time, Exempt