Job Summary: The Chief Operations Officer (COO) of Omni Family Health (OFH) is responsible for providing mission and value-based leadership, directs and assists OFH operating branches, divisions, and departments to optimize operational effectiveness and strategic position. Shall also provide strategic vision, design and operational plans to ensure growth of OFH’s client base and presence in the community.
- Provides direction and leadership in the development of OFH operating policies and goals, delegates authority to ensure smooth operations
- Directs overall operation to ensure compliance with state, federal, regulatory and accreditation agencies.
- Reports to administration the aspects of operations, recommends and participates in developing short and long range plans and reports on the progress on a regular basis to make sure that these goals and objectives are in line with OFH’s Strategic Plan.
- Monitors and evaluates program effectiveness and recommends changes for improvement to strengthen the organization structure and staffing requirements.
- Set standards of performance for each operating department within industry’s common practices, OFH polices, funding and regulatory requirements.
- Represents OFH as appropriate with the OFH communities it serves, governmental agencies, and licensing and regulatory requirements…
- Identify appropriate changes in the organization’s business plan and other practices that improve the organization’s output, and offers insight and coaching to maintain OFH values.
- Other related tasks as assigned by OFH’s Chief Executive Officer.
- HIPAA compliance - Responsible for maintaining abreast of and in compliance with all H.I.P.A.A. regulations and requirements. Treats all member information confidential.
- Compliance - Ensure compliance with all local, state and federal regulations.
- QA/QI - Participate in QA/QI activities and contribute towards the overall performance improvement of the organization.
- IT - Required to learn and use the EHR/EOHR (Medical Practice Electronic System) and its components. As required by the job functions and highlighted in the Policies and Procedues. These components include NextGen, Healthport, PMS, QSI and other electronic features, as they are developed and implemented, as applicable to work environment.
- All employees will participate in Patient Centered Health Home Model at Omni Family Health.
Qualification, Education, and Experience:
- Must have excellent communication skills -verbal and writing.
- Master’s degree in Business, Public or Health Care Administration or other related degree with 8-10 years of experience in health care services. Preferred Community Health Centers experience.
- Bachelor’s degree with 10-12 years of experience as identified in #2.
- At least 5 years of experience in a Senior Management position in a health delivery organization.
- Ability to work independently, creates his/her own work, develop schedules for work, set up priorities, and is sensitive to deadlines.
- Must have knowledge through education, training or on the job experience in Quality Improvement/Assurance, Risk Management, clinical services, and patient flow management in a community health center or in other similar setup.
- Must have training knowledge or education on personnel management.
- Able to work under pressure and expect frequent interruptions.
- Must be computer literate in Microsoft office/business programs including Outlook, Excel and Power Point.
Responsible To: Chief Executive Officer
Job Classification: Full-time, Exempt position