Location: Corporate Bakersfield
- Under the direction of the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of Omni Family Health (OFH), the CFO is responsible for the fiscal activities of OFH, to include development and implementation of short and long-term financial planning, creation and monitoring of financial policies and procedures, development and maintenance of operational and capital budgets, ongoing analysis of revenue generation, income lifecycles, reserves, and expenditures, and the supervision of all fiscal office personnel, accounting, accounts payable and inventory systems, accounts receivables, billing and collections functions. The CFO maximizes the corporation’s financial position and assures financial viability by providing leadership and direction to the leadership team, financial and operational strategies, and timely and accurate financial or other related reports to funding agency requirements, management and Board of Directors.
- Supervise overall maintenance of accounting and cost accounting records for all financial transactions of all programs, in accordance with the funding agencies requirements and generally accepted accounting principles.
- Provide supervision, training and evaluation of the accounting system, internal controls and general fiscal and business management, to assure accuracy of tracking all business activities.
- Assist the CEO or his/her delegate in the preparation of the overall OFH budgeting system, implementation, of budgets and a budgetary control system whereby all revenues and expenditures are allocated for and charged to a specific expense category, department and funding source.
- Prepare and submit financial and statistical reports including invoicing to the funding agencies, and other required reports in accordance with the funding agencies requirements and policies and procedures established in this area by the OFH management and Board of Directors.
- Monitor expenditures and cash flow and prepares cash flow projection and monthly reports as required and in accordance with policies established by the Board of Directors in this area.
- Coordinates all business units and assures an adequate control system is in place to secure all assets and liabilities of OFH.
- Prepares special reports as directed by the CEO and/or the Board of Directors, and communicate budgets to each department head and assure that reports are produced on a timely basis.
- Assures that proper procedures and controls are in place in the areas of purchasing, inventory, cash receipts, cash disbursements, and bank reconciliation. Recommends changes as needed to achieve the above.
- Assure corporation maximizes revenue from payors and patients by maximizing billing rates and collections in accordance with state and federal guidelines.
- Participate with leadership team in strategic planning and develop financial models and fiscal planning objectives to assess feasibility of short and long term goals.
- Develop policies and procedures on purchasing activities and prepare vendor and management reports analyzing purchasing practices.
- Establish and maintain the Corporation’s system of accounts, assure integrity of books and records for all transactions and provide for security of transaction records.
- Direct all loan activities including debt ratio calculation and prepare reports of compliance with lender requirements.
- Perform other duties as assigned or required by the CEO.
- HIPAA compliance - Responsible for maintaining abreast of and in compliance with all HIPAA regulations and requirements. Treats all member information confidential.
- Compliance - Ensure compliance with all local, state and federal regulations.
- QA/QI - Participate in QA/QI activities and contribute towards the overall performance improvement of the organization.
- IT - Required to learn and use the Electronic Health Record and Practice Electronic System and its components. As required by the job functions and highlighted in the Policies and Procedures. These components include NextGen, PMS, QSI and other electronic features, as they are developed and implemented, as applicable to work environment.
- All employees will participate in Patient Centered Health Home Model at Omni Family Health.
Qualifications, Education, and Experience:
- Master’s Degree in accounting or business administration with specialization in accounting or finance with 4-6 years experience in a senior management position within a Federally Qualified Health Center or Bachelor’s degree with 8-10 years experience in a senior management position within a Federally Qualified Health Center. CPA is preferred and could substitute for two years of experience.
- Demonstrated experience in, or knowledge of Federally Qualified Health Centers and government grants management policies preferred.
- Experience in billing federal, state, and private payers for health services.
- Ability to communicate and maintain effective working relationships with staff and funding agencies’ personnel.
- Ability to operate independently, supervise personnel and train business unit personnel when necessary.
- Promotes and believes in OFH mission statement.
- Ability to relate to the public regardless of ethnic, religious and economic status.
Responsible To: Chief Executive Officer (CEO)
Classification: Full Time Position, Exempt