Position Summary: The Cash Application Specialist handles all the cash payments received at Omni Family Health. This position receives payments from electronic vendors, lock box, medical offices, and collection agencies. The Specialist processes cash transactions balances, posts to the proper patient account and uploads images of checks in a timely manner. Works with accounting department to ensure complete account reconciliation by the close of each month. Reconciles electronically transmitted files to ensure complete and accurate data in all systems. Cash Application Department is a liaison for cash services for all departments on deposit procedures, credit card functions, and balancing.
The following are essential job accountabilities:
- Performs daily batch reconciliation of deposits scanned by practices and supports staff with file creation and monthly data storage.
- Communicates with external vendors and has a general understanding of the revenue cycle in order to ensure accurate cash application and denials management.
- Uploads or manually posts cash transactions, denials and zero payments into the EPM.
- Balances all batches, given the proper claim disposition, and adjusts according to department guidelines. Names files accurately and moves to the appropriate folder for 835 and variance generation.
- Reconcile provider level adjustments to ensure complete and accurate data exists within patient accounting systems NextGen.
- Keys adjustments and transfers.
- Various other work-related duties as assigned by supervisor. These duties and responsibilities may be added, deleted, or changed at any time at the discretion of management, formally or informally either verbally or in writing.
- HIPAA compliance – Responsible for enforcing compliance with all HIPAA regulations and requirements. Treats all member information confidential.
- Compliance – Ensure compliance with all local, state, and federal regulations.
- QA/QI – Participate in QA/QI activities and contribute towards the overall performance improvement of the organization.
- IT – Required to learn and use the Electronic Health Record and Practice Electronic System and its components as required by the job functions and highlighted in the Policies and Procedures.
- All employees will participate in Patient Centered Home Health Model at Omni Family Health.
Qualifications, Education, and Experience
- High school diploma or GED
- Minimum of one year billing and accounts receivable experience in a physician practice environment.
- Proficiency and accuracy with multiple office tools and software.
- Accurate data entry skills with the ability to input data into computer systems, compile statistics, and generate reports.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to demonstrate effective communication skills with providers and management staff.
- Ability to draft and implement collection letters.
- Proficient with excel and other Microsoft office products.
- Knowledge of payor contracts.
Responsible to: Collections Supervisor
Classification: Full-time or Part-time, Non-exempt