Location: Fresno Area
- This position is as important as any other function in the healthcare delivery system. Receiving calls from patients and help them with their appointment needs. Calling patients to make appointments and promote Omni Family Health services by consulting, gathering information, and evaluating patient needs over the phone. Support mission, goal achievement, organizational quality, and the patient-centered medical home philosophy we operate by incorporate core organizational values of quality, respect, integrity, partnership, and compassion in all activities and decisions.
- Greets patients as they contact the center, provide quality & excellent customer service to every call.
- Schedule appointments, remind patients of their appointment, and update patient demographics, per established policies and procedures.
- Promptly Answer all incoming calls and route them to the appropriate staff as needed.
- Register all patients per registration protocols over the phone.
- Call patients for follow up per policies and procedures.
- Call and schedule new patients on their first visit based on the member list and procedure established.
- Calling patients to make appointments for services offered.
- Promote OFH services by consulting, gathering information, and evaluating patient needs.
- Work closely with other departments on appointment scheduling and services offered to ensure smooth patient flow and ct down waiting time.
- Respond to patients’ inquiries, requests, dispute over the phone, and route it to the appropriate department or staff.
- Explain the services available, payment categories and billing procedures.
- Attend all mandatory programs training such as Medi-Cal, CHDP, BCCP, FPACT, and so on as required.
- Perform & Assign Tasks within the Electronic Health Record system.
- Initiate Medication Refill Requests
- Perform all other tasks related to Call Center Department areas of responsibilities.
- Follow Call Center Associate Policies and Procedures
- Ability to work under pressure, provide verbal communication, and proper telephone etiquette.
- Ability and willingness to treat all patients with the utmost kindness and consideration in the most trying situations.
- Friendly personality with the desire to work with the public.
- Ability to handle multi-functions.
- Understanding of community based organizations.
- Communicate patients’ problems to the appropriate staff.
- Knowledge of bookkeeping and office functions.
- Promotes and believes in OFH’s mission statement.
- Ability to relate to the public regardless of ethnic, religious and economic status.
- HIPAA compliance – responsible for maintaining abreast of and in compliance with all H.I.P.A.A. regulations and requirements. Treats all member information confidential.
- Compliance – Ensure compliance with all local, state and federal regulations.
- QA/QI – Participate in QA/QI activities and contribute towards the overall performance improvement of the organization.
- IT – Required to learn and use the EHR/EOHR (Medical Practice Electronic System) and its components. As required by the job functions and highlighted in the Policies and Procedures.
- All employees will participate in Patient Centered Health Home Model at Omni Family Health.
Qualification, Education, and Experience: EDUCATION:
- High school graduate or GED required.
- A minimum of one-year experience in the medical field answering phones, setting appointments and handling patients’ questions and/or complaints is desirable.
- Medical Assistant certificate desirable.
- Ability to relate to patients through familiarity with medical terminology and triage procedure.
- Must believe in health care with dignity for all.
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain good customer rapport.
- Ability to speak, read and write in Spanish is desirable.
- Electronic Health Record knowledge is desirable.
- Call Center Supervisor/Business Management Associate
- Full or Part Time Positions, Non-exempt