- Fresno – Reedley/Manning Site
The Behavioral Health Care Coordinator will perform a full range of professional clinical case management assignments in a full-functioning capacity and in accordance with policies, procedures and protocols established by Omni Family Health (OFH), licensing and certificate and other regulatory agencies requirements. The Care Coordinator employee will explore basic personality structure in relationship to developing behavioral patterns, mechanisms, and symptoms. The employee shall apply principles, knowledge, and practice of professional social work to provide research, consultation, and preventive social service programs to individuals, families, groups, and organizations in OFH service areas.
The following are essential job accountabilities:
- Responsible for conducting initial patient assessment as well as writing up assessments that meet specified standards for OFH patients who might have mental illness or substance abuse problems, or other relationship issues.
- Supports patient access to community services by completing referrals to community resources such as housing, substance abuse programs, case management, food baskets, parenting classes and other related services.
- Supports the behavioral health providers by assisting in the completion of or complete (per scope of practice) forms for patients. This includes but not limited to SSI, housing for mental health patients, IHSS, general services such as housing, transportation, JV220, prior authorization for psychotropic medications and jury duty exemptions.
- Provides assistance to OFH patients by helping them cope with issues in their everyday lives, relationships and helping them to solve personal and family problems by making appropriate referrals.
- Conduct interviews with OFH patients and their families to assess and review their need for seeking help from OFH services.
- Assists patient in meeting their issues and needs by providing information and support to community resources.
- Provides psychosocial support to patients, their families, or any vulnerable populations so they can cope with chronic, acute, or terminal illness.
- Supports patient access to care by developing relationships with area schools, group homes, and non-profit agencies. Utilizing these relationships in making client referrals to appropriate services.
- Ensures behavioral health department representation in multidisciplinary teams, committees, and meetings, for example child protection and behavioral health.
- Maintains accurate records and prepares verbal and written reports and correspondence related to the work.
- Responsible for developing and providing written reports and statistics for any Mental Health Grants as assigned by the Director of Behavioral Health.
- Supports case management of patients by following up with patients regarding outside appointments and referrals.
- Supports continued development of OFH personnel by providing in-service presentation to staff as needed or required on subjects that position is expert.
- Any additional work related duties that are required for patient care under OFH protocol as directed by the Director of Behavioral health. These additional duties may be verbal or provided in writing.
- HIPAA compliance – Responsible for enforcing compliance with all HIPAA regulations and requirements. Treats all member information confidential.
- Compliance – Ensure compliance with all local, state, and federal regulations.
- QA/QI – Participate in QA/QI activities and contribute towards the overall performance improvement of the organization.
- IT – Required to learn and use the Electronic Health Record and Practice Electronic System and its components as required by the job functions and highlighted in the Policies and Procedures.
- All employees will participate in Patient Centered Home Health Model at Omni Family Health.
Qualifications, Education, and Experience
Bachelor’s degree in Social Work, Counseling, Psychology, or an acceptable related field.
Minimum 1-year prior experience in case management preferred.
- Emotionally mature, objective and sensitive to people and their problems
- Ability to handle position responsibilities, work independently, and maintain good working relationships with patients and coworkers.
- Empathy, combined with genuine desire to improve the quality of lives of patients is essential, as is the ability to take difficult decisions under pressure.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish preferred.
Responsible to: Director of Behavioral Health
Classification: Full-time, Non-exempt