Title: Associate Director of Information Services
Job Summary: Supports the Business Systems Director and CIO in providing managerial leadership and project management for the IT Department. Provides overall direction and guidance in conjunction with the CIO and Director of IS for oversight of IT management and projects. Ensures departmental efficiency and deliverables, and follows through with the implementation of business objectives. Collaborates with external resources and centralized staff to proactively problem solve and continuously improve the level of service delivered to internal and external stakeholders.
1. Accountable for the success of project(s) scope. This includes oversight and management of simultaneous project timelines and deliverables, and overall quality and resources for all assigned projects.
2. Responsible for consistent communication with project/program participants including internal/external stakeholders. Responsible for ensuring that internal project teams, and external IT vendors and group practices are connected by managing relationships, expectations, and processes.
3. Consistently and effectively communicates relevant information between the Director of IS, CIO and IT Department.
4. Collaborates with IT Management to utilize efficient, reliable and valid methodologies and sound analysis, supplied by data and information oversight.
5. Facilitates continual process improvement by developing and improving policies and procedures to establish the efficiency and effectiveness of IT initiative es in conjunction with the CIO and Director of IS.
6. Attend internal and external meetings on behalf of the IT department as assigned by the CIO or Director of IS.
7. Oversight, communication and collaboration of IT project timelines with OFH internal departments.
8. Works closely with the CIO and Director of IS in managing staff duties and responsibilities, including the overall coordination implementation and oversight activities for the project/program.
9. Co-develop project plans, goals and budgets between IT and OFH stakeholders. Review progress for departmental goals, objectives and strategies in conjunction with the CIO and Director of IS.
10. Conserve CIOs time by reading and researching project scopes and timelines, and relaying relevant information. Creates and maintain reports for CIO as directed.
11. Manage vacation schedules of IT Department staff and IT Time off with Pay requests.
12. Collaborate with the CIO and Director of IS in the evaluation and selection of IT Department staff
13. Any other duties or responsibilities the CIO or Director of IS may assign when the need arises.
1. HIPAA compliance - Responsible for being aware of, and complying with, all HIPAA regulations and requirements. Treats all patient information as confidential.
2. Compliance - Ensures compliance with all local, state and federal regulations.
3. Quality Assessment/Quality Improvement- Participate as assigned in QA/QI activities and contribute towards the overall performance improvement in the organization.
4. All employees will participate in Patient Centered Health Home Model at Omni Family Health.
5. Proficiency in MS Office Products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Visio, Projects)
6. Ability to supervise, plan, design and direct the work of subordinate staff as assigned.
7. Demonstrates the ability and experience in planning, budgeting, organizing, and documenting network and systems design and configuration.
8. Perpetuate industry best practices philosophy among team and facilitate continuous improvement in staff and technology systems.
9. Embody strong dedication to customer service for internal and external customers and develop strong interdepartmental relationships.
10. Strong written, verbal and communication skills. With the ability to be persuasive, confident and content expert on subject matter.
11. Reliable transportation to travel between OFH sites
12. Promote and believe in OFH mission statement and vision.
13. Develop and co-author IT departmental policies, procedures, standards and protocols 14. May provide after-hours support as needed and other job-related work as required.
15. Demonstrates promptness and sense of urgency pertaining to projects, outages, policies and procedures.
16. Establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with others to include vendors.
17. Performs other job-related work as required.
Qualifications, Education and Experience: Education:
Bachelor 's Degree in Project Management, Healthcare Administration, Business Administration or significant equivalent experience required that includes additional years of experience beyond minimal as noted in experience section of this job description. Master's Degree in one of the above areas is preferred. Experience: At least three (3) year management experience, including 2 years in a healthcare setting. Must have leadership abilities and demonstrate management skills. Proven record of success with planning, development, and implementation of special projects/programs.
1. Demonstrates effective communication and problem-solving skills. Ability to effectively communicate with OFH staff members throughout all levels of the organization.
2. Excellent organizational and time management skills. Ability to keep project at a minimum, on task to established time frames.
3. Subject matter expert on project management process and process improvement.
4. Developed planning and implementation skills. Ability to create a plan of action with input from multiple departments and areas.
5. Demonstrate knowledge of IT related project knowledge, and the ability to assess and identify IT related needs.
6. Able to use sound judgment. Possess a calm disposition and the ability to work easily with people.
Responsible To: Business Systems Director \ Chief Information Officer
Classification:Full Time, Exempt