Location: Kern – Bakersfield Corporate
Job Summary: Under the direction of the Chief Financial Officer, this person is responsible for the efficient operation of the accounting functions of Omni Family Health (OFH). Responsibilities cover all general ledgers, accounts payable, accounts receivable, grants, month-end close, payroll, banking activities, and lease and equipment depreciation schedules. Assist Chief Financial Officer in preparing and documenting grant/contract invoices, rental invoices, financial reports, and monthly journal entries in accordance with established policies and procedures and Federal, State, and Local agency requirements.
- Maintain accounting records for all financials transactions of programs and services from all sources and systems in accordance with funding agency requirements and generally accepted accounting principles.
- Ensure proper procedures and internal controls are in place in all areas of OFH and OFH pharmacy related to purchasing, inventory, cash payments received, cash disbursements, bank reconciliations, and depreciation. Recommend changes as needed to stay current and up-to-date with best operation and financial practices.
- Review the completion of new asset list schedule and any construction and/or bond schedule on a monthly basis and update depreciation schedule accordingly.
- Support and provide guidance to staff on preparation of all audit and cost report worksheets.
- Assigns, reviews, and recommends petty cash amounts for all locations. Performs audits of each cash box at minimum annually with goal of bi-annual.
- Responsible that all contractual invoices are received, accrued, or paid on time. Prepare and recommend the accounts payable proposed to be paid list and submit to Chief Financial Officer for approval. Review and submit monthly aged outstanding vendor statements against A/P.
- Responsible for producing account payable checks and accounts payable reports on a weekly basis and all first-of-the-month checks based on approved payable calendar and amount by the Chief Financial Officer.
- Maintains an accurate cash journal for all bank and investment accounts and provides daily cash balance report with days cash on hand amount to Chief Financial Officer.
- Assist in timely closing the financial records (reconciliation of assets and liabilities) as required by the Chief Financial Officer on a monthly, quarterly, and yearly basis.
- Produce accurate and timely monthly, quarterly, and yearly financial management reports as directed by the Chief Financial Officer.
- Prepares daily, monthly, and year-to-date visit and financial class statistics and reports to Chief Financial Officer.
- Assist in the preparation of clinic annual reports, UDS, Medi-Cal, Medicare, and OSHPD cost reports as directed by the Chief Financial Officer.
- Assigns, trains, and reviews work of all accounting staff.
- Assist in review of payroll process and cost allocation to assure proper submission, internal control, and coding.
- Develops daily, month-to-date, monthly, and year-to-date schedule of all premium time paid by location, division, and organization, and reports to the Chief Financial Officer.
- Maintains the organization “Audit Ready” at all times.
- Maintains policy and procedure update and current.
- Takes the lead in developing annual operation and capital budget plan.
- Maintain professional communication with staff and guests in department.
- Other related duties as required by Chief Financial Officer.
- HIPPA Compliance – Responsible to maintain department current in compliance with all regulations and requirements. Treats all patients and employees’ information confidential.
- Compliance – Ensure compliance with all Local, State, and Federal regulations.
- QA/QI – Participate in QA/QI activities and contribute toward the overall performance improvement of the department and organization.
- IT – Required to learn and use the Electronic Health Record and Practice Management Electronic System modules as required by the job functions and highlighted in the policies and procedures. These components include NextGen, PMS, QSI, and other modules, as they are developed and implemented.
- All employees will participate in Patient Centered Health Home Model at Omni Family Health.
- Develops team members through in-service training and learning opportunities.
- Builds moral through continued assessment of workload and distribution.
Qualifications, Education, and Experience
Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance required. Master’s Degree preferred.
Minimum of five years’ experience in similar managerial accounting position is required.
Certified Public Accountant with five (5) years or more with certification
- Must be a self-starter and able to coordinate the accounting and cost accounting functions to produce operation and financial reports and analysis.
- Ability to use independent judgment, and maintain a profession and effective working relationship with all personnel, financial institutions, external auditors, Local, State, and Federal agencies.
- Knowledge of maintaining and reviewing financial and statistical records.
- Knowledge of the methods, best practices, and terminology used in financial and statistical record keeping.
- Knowledge of office practices, systems, and procedures.
- Ability to operate office machines and computerized accounting system. Knowledge of advanced Microsoft computer essential programs.
Responsible to: Chief Financial Officer
Classification: Full Time Position, Exempt