Title: Accounting Coordinator
Job Summary: Under the supervision and direction of the Financial Controller, works closely with the Finance Department to accomplish the goals and directives of the organization. Handles special projects with a high level of confidentiality, detail and professionalism. Will follow up on all outstanding matters, and performs other related work.
- Assist Finance Department Leadership in planning and coordinating daily calendar; Schedule meetings and appointments and make travel and other logistical arrangements as directed.
- Work closely and effectively with Finance Department to ensure Team Members are well informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities, following up appropriately.
- Assist and work closely with all corporate branches, divisions and/or departments in accordance with OFH's policies and procedures and as directed by the Controller.
- Provide a bridge for smooth and productive communication between the Finance Department and internal departments, demonstrating leadership to maintain credibility, trust and support with executive management and staff.
- Type and proofread a wide variety of reports, letters, memoranda and correspondence and independently composes correspondence and reports related to an assigned area of responsibility.
- Assist with project development; prioritize simultaneous or conflicting needs; handle matters expeditiously, proactively and follow-through on projects to successful completion, often with deadline pressures.
- Create and maintain reports and presentations as directed.
- Maintain accurate files and records for easy follow up.
- Other duties and/or responsibilities as the Controller may assign from time to time.
- Ability to work under pressure and handle multi-functions in proficient and efficient manner.
- Must possess exceptional communication skills, knowledge of community needs, and willing to participate in some community activities when required.
- Must be familiar with the health care delivery system practices through education, training or experience. Must understand patient demands and hold effective communication skills with the public.
- Must update him/herself with funding sources requirements, data collection, and have the ability to explain the services under different programs to the patients/ public/ agencies and the ability to train others on the same.
- Able to function independently and create his/her own initiative to progress and succeed.
- Must be alert and respect confidentiality of information of all types "General personnel, and/or patient related information."
- Promotes and believes in OFH mission statement.
- Ability to relate to the public regardless of race, ethnicity, religion, age, sex, disability or economic status.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities
- HIPAA compliance - Responsible for maintaining abreast of and in compliance with all HIPAA regulations and requirements. Treat all member information confidential.
- Compliance - Ensure compliance with all local, state and federal regulations.
- Quality Assurance/Quality Improvement- Participate in QA/QI activities and contribute towards the overall performance improvement of the organization.
- IT - Required learning and using the Electronic Health Record and Electronic Practice Management System (EHR/EPM) and its components. As required by the job functions and highlighted in the Policies and Procedures. These components include NextGen, Schedule Anywhere and other electronic features, as they are developed and implemented, as applicable to work environment. Also will need to work closely with IT in the development of dashboards and reports to support medical and nursing functions in the day-to-day operations and strategizing.
- All employees will participate in Patient Centered Health Home Model at Omni Family Health.
- Follow all safety rules while on the job. Report accidents promptly and correct minor safety hazards
Qualifications, Education, and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree required; Experience will be considered in lieu of degree on a case by case basis.
- Minimum of 3-5 year's administrative experience.
- Project Management training preferred.
- Superior communication (both oral and written), multi-tasking and organizational skills required.
- Excellent skills in Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint required.
- Demonstrated proactive approaches to problem-solving, with strong decision making capability.
- Emotional maturity.
- Highly resourceful team player, with the ability to also be extremely effective independently.
- Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion.
- Forward thinker, who actively seeks opportunities and proposes solutions.
- Must be able to type 55 WPM.
- Must be proficient in MS Office suite, Email, Internet
Responsible to: Financial Controller
Classification: Full Time Position, Non-Exempt