LOCATION: Fiscal -Bakersfield
Job Summary: Under the direction of the CONTROLLER, the person handling this position shall assist in the operation of the accounting functions of OFH. Responsible for all banking activities, maintaining accurately and updating Fixed Assets List, inventory, and lease equipment schedules. Assist the CONTROLLER in preparing and documenting grant/contract invoices, rental invoices, financial reports and monthly journal entries in accordance with established policies and procedures, and Federal and State agencies requirements.
- Responsible to make sure that an accurate complete inventory list, fixed asset list and database for each facility and each department are done on a quarterly basis
- Responsible for making sure that all storage is organized and any analysis and recommendations for the storage in each facility are done as necessary
- Maintain new asset list and all equipment movements within or between locations in accordance with established procedures.
- Prepares bid packages and other price checks for all vendors annually and as necessary to obtain the best possible pricing.
- Coordinate all accounting and cost accounting functions to assure proper coding and documenting in accordance with the budget and accounting system.
- Review purchasing requisitions and purchase orders in accordance with the corporate policies and procedures as well as budget.
- Responsible for reviewing all AP statements and assures that we pay all the AP’s on time.
- Responsible for completion of proper documentation for all equipment purchased and gathered prior to payment in accordance with financial protocols.
- Keeps accurate and updated files for all payables and disbursements as per policies and procedures established or as directed by the FMA.
- Review all documentation required and coding for cash disbursement in accordance with financial procedures.
- Post keys in all monthly journal entries as directed by FMA.
- Responsible for all reconciliation of bank BS accounts and VISA transactions and assists with assigning and changing VISA login password in LUCY GATEWAY SYSTEM.
- Assists in closing the financial book as required by the FMA on a monthly, quarterly and yearly basis.
- Assist the FMA in preparing all monthly rental invoices, monthly and quarterly contracts/grant invoices, and maintains accurate grant budget balances.
- Other related duties as required by FMA.
- HIPAA compliance – Responsible for maintaining abreast of and in compliance with all H.I.P.A.A. regulations and requirements. Treats all member information confidential.
- Compliance – Ensure compliance with all local, state and federal regulations.
- QA/QI – Participate in QA/QI activities and contribute towards the overall performance improvement of the organization.
- IT – Required to learn and use the EHR/EOHR (Medical Practice Electronic System) and its components. As required by the job functions and highlighted in the Policies and Procedures. These components include NextGen, Healthport, PMS, QSI and other electronic features, as they are developed and implemented, as applicable to work environment.
- All employees will participate in Patient Centered Health Home Model at Omni Family Health.
Qualifications, Education, and Experience:
- Graduate from 4 year College with major in Accounting or Business Administration with at least two years experience in similar accounting position.
- Must be a self starter, able to coordinate the accounting and cost accounting functions to produce operation and financial reports.
- Ability to use independent judgment, and maintain a professional and effective working relationship with all personnel, Bank, Outside Auditors, Local, State and Federal Agencies.
- Knowledge of keeping and reviewing financial or statistical records.
- Knowledge of the methods, practices and terminology used in financial and statistical record keeping.
- Knowledge of office practices, systems and procedures.
- Ability to operate office machines and computerized accounting system. Knowledge of advanced computers is a must.
- Promotes and believes in OFH mission.
- Ability to relate to the public regardless of ethnic, religious and economic status.
Responsible To: Controller
Classification: Full Time Position, Non-Exempt