Title: Data Quality Analyst
Job Summary: Under the general direction of the Data Analytics and Business Intelligence Manager, plans and implements new and existing healthcare quality improvement initiatives and education programs; conducts data collection, reporting and monitoring for key performance measurement activities.
Essential Job Functions:
- Collaborates with other departments to analyze and reports the results of quality improvement studies, initiatives and / or projects to monitor, evaluate and / or continuously improve the quality of healthcare services.
- Evaluates the collection, evaluation and / or dissemination of quality improvement data for quality initiatives, studies and / or projects to comply with regulatory requirements and / or accreditation standards.
- Writes, prepares, and / or presents reports and analyses to evaluate performance improvement using a variety of sources, including, but not limited to: internal quantitative data; external industry data; survey data; input from members, providers and / or other key stakeholders; input from Molina employees and senior leaders, etc.
- Produces reports and analyses that show graphically the results of projects and collaborates as needed to ensure reports meet required timelines, business needs, and other regulatory requirements.
- Performs qualitative and / or quantitative analyses to identify important and urgent concerns; develops improvement plans and / or measurements to assess impact of actions.
- May participate in other activities such as, but not limited to: the analysis of quality of care issues and serious reportable adverse conditions, the analysis of credentialing files, the analysis of quality metric data, including, but not limited to, UDS, HEDIS, STARS, etc., the analysis of medical records data, etc.
- Develops ad-hoc reports as necessary
- Presents data where needed
- Consults with staff on data and reporting problems and assists in developing means to correct the problems
- Provides on-going consultation and technical assistance.
11. Performs other work-related duties as assigned. Assignments may be verbal or in written form.
- HIPAA compliance – Responsible for being aware of, and complying with, all HIPAA regulations and requirements. Treats all patient information as confidential.
- Compliance – Ensures compliance with all local, state and federal regulations.
- Quality Assessment/Quality Improvement – Participate as assigned in QA/QI activities and contribute towards the overall performance improvement in the organization.
- Information Technology – Required to understand each and every key and core business application system in use I.e. NextGen EHR, SAGE, ADP, Office 365, Cloud computing, Data Loss Prevention and contingency planning.
- All employees will participate in Patient Centered Health Home Model at Omni Family Health.
Minimum high school diploma or the equivalent (e.g. GED); Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science (can be substituted with 4 years documented experience in data analysis).
Minimum 2 years in an IT position, preferably in a healthcare setting.
Minimum 1-year prior experience in development and/or analyzing performance measures. that support business objectives.
- Strong knowledge of SQL, SSRS, SSIS, data analytics, business intelligence, project management, process documentation, advanced SQL querying.
- Experience in successfully managing and delivering multiple projects.
- Perpetuate industry best practices philosophy among team and facilitate continuous improvement in staff and technology systems.
- Embody strong dedication to customer service for internal and external customers and develop strong interdepartmental relationships.
- Strong written, verbal and communication skills. With the ability to be persuasive, confident and content expert on subject matter.
- Reliable transportation.
- Promote and believe in OFH mission statement and vision.
- May provide after-hours support as needed and other job-related work as required.
- Demonstrates promptness and sense of urgency pertaining to projects, outages, policies and procedures.
- Establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with others to include vendors.
Responsible to: Data Analytics and Business Intelligence Manager
Classification: Full Time Position, Exempt