Job Summary: Under the direction of the Business Systems Director, the Information Systems Trainer works closely with providers and support staff to assess their workflows, assists them in improving their knowledge of various EMR modules, tools, templates, preferences, functionality, clinical documentation, proficiency and efficiency. The Information Systems Trainer has responsibility for developing, implementing, monitoring and updating company’s training program to ensure providers and support staff have the skills and education needed to provide measurable quality care to our patients. In addition, the Information Systems Trainer serves as an active participant on EHR-related committees; recommending, developing, implementing and evaluating enhancements and upgrades.
- Maintain current working knowledge of the various clinical applications (EDR, EHR, Population Health)
- Assess and identify training delivery needs
- Analyze and document the requirements of health center facilities and clinical workflows as they pertain to the implementation of Clinical Applications (EPM, EMR, EDR, and Population Health).
- Identify and measure training outcomes to inform instructional decisions that lead to user competency. Assess the technical skills gaps between a user’s current skills and desired skill to plan instruction.
- Update training materials for various disciplines, ensuring adherence to current policies and procedures
- Provide training to all staff who use the EMR as needed (new employees and ongoing)
- Work closely with the clinical team to assure continuous training
- Assist with ongoing development, implementation and customization of the EMR
- Create and edit EMR templates in collaboration with Clinical leadership
- Working with Application Support team to provide customer service and troubleshooting application software issues
- Participate in testing new functionality and/or software upgrades
- Provide Go Live support
- Serve as liaison among service lines and HIS staff concerning processes related to the EHR. Serve on the EHR team and work groups as determined by management
- Various other work-related duties as assigned by supervisor. These duties and responsibilities may be added, deleted, or changed at any time at the discretion of management, formally or informally either verbally or in writing.
- All duties from Level I.
- Develop and implement a strategy for ongoing Health Information Technology trainings with the goal of full implementation efficiency by health center staff.
- Building, testing and maintaining the training environment.
- Create and maintain training materials for various disciplines, ensuring adherence to current policies and procedures and any updates.
- Act as the subject matter expert and a lead to ensure training quality and consistency
Coordinate the development of training schedules, agendas and training materials.
- HIPAA compliance – responsible for maintaining abreast of and in compliance with all HIPAA regulations and requirements. Treats all member information confidential.
- Compliance – Ensure compliance with all local, state and federal regulations.
- QA/QI – Participate in QA/QI activities and contribute towards the overall performance improvement of the organization.
- IT – Required to learn and use the Electronic Health Record and Practice Electronic System and its components. As required by the job functions and highlighted in the Policies and Procedures. These components include NextGen, PMS, QSI and other electronic features, as they are developed and implemented as applicable to the work environment.
- All employees will participate in Patient Centered Health Home Model at Omni Family Health.
- Bachelor’s Degree in healthcare IT, computer science or information systems or equivalent experience required. Two years of progressive IT or adult teaching/education experience including 1 year of healthcare IT experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication and strong interpersonal skills required
- Minimum 3 years of experience with EMR platform training preferred
- Experience using NextGen Ambulatory preferred
- Strong understanding and experience with clinical workflows
- Detail oriented, fast-paced, adaptable to rapidly changing situations Strong understanding of customer relations.
- Highly organized and task driven
- Working experience with a Federally Qualified Health Center preferred
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Promotes and believes in OFH mission statement
- All qualification from Level
- NextGen Certified Professional certification preferred
- Customer service driven & analytical problem solving skills with the ability to quickly identify and resolve complex technical user issues
- Prior experience assessing, developing, implementing and evaluating training needs
- Strong understanding of CMS Meaningful Use, HRSA UDS Reporting, PCMH and PQRS reporting preferred
- Must have demonstrated leadership skills with the ability to lead others on how to use information systems applications.
- Three years of progressive IT or adult teaching/education experience including 1 year of healthcare IT experience required. Demonstrable knowledge of adult learning theory.
- Must be organized and have the ability to work independently
Responsible to: Business Systems Director
Classification: Full or Part Time Position, Non-exempt