Job Summary: Under direction from the Director of Information Systems, responsible for managing and supervising the Network Administrators, Systems Administrators and other key infrastructure towards the IS departments goals and objectives as a whole and in full support of Omni Family Health’s (OFH’s) mission and strategic goals. Required to effectively collaborate and coordinate with other IS managers and leaders of OFH.
Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provides oversight and direction of network administration, network equipment and systems (Configuration, Monitoring, and Maintenance). Designs and manages primary, secondary, and tertiary networks with automated failovers to maintain continuity of medical services.
- Provides oversight and direction of administration of the Information Security systems to ensure HIPAA compliance (Configuration, Monitoring, and Maintenance).
- Provides oversight and direction of administration of Server Systems, Data Storage systems (SANs), Server Virtualization, Back-Up systems, Cloud services, and Snapshots for redundancy.
- Provides oversight and direction of administration of network access to include VPNs, MPLS connections, WAP and outside partners.
- Coordinates and manages network cabling for new facilities and re-models from the demarc to the switches (to include neat and labeled rack cable management).
- Provides oversight and direction of administration of network exterior perimeter security (Web-filters, Anti-Virus/Malware systems, IDS/IPS, Firewalls, VPN, DMZ).
- Provides oversight and direction of administration of interior network security (Wi-Fi networks, VLANs, Router Protocols, Admin Accounts, Least Privilege, etc.).
- Provides oversight and direction of administration of Data Security (Anti-Virus, Malware, Encryption, Rights Management, DLP).
- Provides oversight and direction of administration of Security Event and Incident Management (SEIM) from logs and notifications related to IDS/IPS, Firewall logs, Web-filters, Anti-virus Alerts, Zero Day attacks, and other network security systems.
- Manages Change Control process and documentation to reduce outages.
- Manages Outage protocols and procedures in the Network and Systems teams.
- Supervise the development, maintenance, and testing of the IT Disaster Recovery Plan and Technology Continuity Plan for Networks and Systems.
- Review and Propose updates to Employee Information Security and Data Use Policies.
- Manage Network, Server, and System Hardware and Software maintenance renewals.
- Researches new technologies and prepares written proposals with sound justifications and options.
- Oversees the Data Centers and Data Closets for correct installation, cable management, documentation, maintenance, and organization of mounted/installed equipment.
- Develops Service Level Agreement to the organization and escalation procedures.
- Supervises and assigns work to staff.
- May provide after-hours support as needed.
- Performs other job-related work as required.
- HIPAA compliance – Responsible for being aware of, and complying with, all HIPAA regulations and requirements. Treats all patient information as confidential.
- Compliance – Ensures compliance with all local, state and federal regulations.
- Quality Assessment/Quality Improvement – Participate in QA/QI activities and contribute towards the overall performance improvement in the organization.
- Information Technology – Required to understand each and every key and core business application system in use I.e. NextGen EHR, SAGE, ADP, Office 365, Cloud computing, Data Loss Prevention and contingency planning.
- All employees will participate in Patient Centered Health Home Model at Omni Family Health.
- Education: A high school diploma or the equivalent (e.g. GED); Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science (can be substituted with 6 years documented experience in supervision of staff administering networking, systems and core infrastructure in organizations larger than 500 users and over 10 WAN geographically dispersed sites.
- Experience: Equivalent experience managing IT staff is required; Minimum 5 years’ full-time experience in Network or Systems Administration, preferably in a healthcare setting. Experience in successfully managing and delivering multiple projects.
- Strong knowledge of networking, including: TCP/IP, VLANs, Ethernet, Switching, Routing and routing protocols MPLS, BGP, 802.1Q, DHCP and DNS, along with Systems Administration that includes Windows Server, Server Virtualization, and SAN data storage.
- Ability to: Supervise, plan, design and direct the work of subordinate staff if assigned. Ability to plan and successfully deliver IT projects. Ability to plan and track budgets.
- Skills: Demonstrates the ability and experience in planning, organizing, and documenting network and systems design and configuration. Communicates effectively both orally and in writing.
- Can establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with others to include vendors. Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite.
- Willingness and ability to learn new skills and apply them as needed.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Must have California Driver license (or be able to attain in first 30 days).
- Must be able to travel between clinics and corporate office as required.
- Promotes and believes in the OFH mission statement.
Responsible to: Director of Information Systems
Classification: Full Time Position, Exempt