Job Summary: This is a position with duties and responsibilities in the information systems area. Responsible for planning, development, implementation, and ongoing use of health care information programs and data technology which support the clinical quality needs; the effective and efficient delivery of health care quality; and achievement of strategic quality, management, clinical and operational goals. The DMIC is responsible for providing comprehensive programing to extract data and produce comprehensive and useful reports with the EHR applications and product suite throughout the organization (e.g. EHR, EPM, CarePoint, i2i, popIQ, and other electronic features, as they are developed and implemented, as applicable to work environment). The position is responsible for focus on partnering with operations and HIT to identify new ways the system can support the user. Provide sponsorship and overall management of continuous improvement initiatives - partner with internal resources to plan, prioritize and manage the improvement efforts and expectations.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Designs, develops, troubleshoots, debugs, configures and maintains database for the company.
- Ensures databases are available to the authorized users with appropriate access and security.
- Recommend, develop and implement changes and/or enhancements to databases to improve the optimization, data entry and delivery.
- Monitor database performance to ensure adherence to procedures and production standards; troubleshoot data anomalies and repair/recover corrupt databases.
- Responsible for backing up the databases.
- Responsible for general clinical programming needs.
- Programming skills preferred (e.g. jquery, ruby, html5, python, java, PHP, C++). Ability to use / learn Crystal Reports to supplement standard system reports will be necessary; therefore, a good understanding of relational databases is a must.
- Develop innovative operational solutions and architects process, technology, product/service and people/change components together to deliver cost effective solutions and services.
- Develop reports, dashboards, and related data visualizations using all available data sources.
- Member of the Informatics team whose main responsibility is to ensure data accuracy.
- Produce reports to identify potential patients that meet the requirement for defined parameters.
- Responsible for UDS mapper maintenance and reporting capabilities necessary to executive staff.
- Assist with and responsible for ongoing compliance with Patient-Centered Medical Home (PCMH), Meaningful Use (MU), Uniform Data Systems (UDS) and QA/QI reporting
- Familiar with use of Crystal reports
- Assist users by developing and saving standard & custom report criteria. Advocates EHR as the source of information needs.
- Responsible for dashboard and infographics development
- Determine solution objectives and tactical direction, which assists and drives leadership, team resources and users to achieve defined objectives.
- Measure and analyze data, detect trends and anomalies then develop plans to proactively avoid issues or strengthen the existing processes.
- Triage and troubleshoot user problems and system errors pertinent to data entry to determine whether they are User Error, Remote Desktop Connection or EHR application issues.
- Document and track vendor support trouble tickets with 3rd-party host or EHR when vendor assistance is required to resolve user / system issues.
- Act as a consultant to operations / medical staff by exploring and testing software features and making recommendations for implementation as it relates to data capture.
- Use system reports to perform periodic audits of security policies and other HIPAA regulations.
- Examples of areas of data gathering, reporting, and information dissemination:
- Work with fiscal and billing to assure all encounters are entered and closed in EHR
- Ensure that departments receive information Service Level Agreement/Dashboards targets
- Monitor and work with vendors for dashboard development
- Communicate directly with customer, conduct meetings, and manage the customer expectations
- Consult supervisor on Users issues that are not meeting Service Level Agreement/Dashboard targets and any other Users issues that might require escalation or intervention.
- Participates in industry and other professional networks to ensure awareness of industry standards, trends and best practices in order to strengthen organizational and technical knowledge
- Understands and adheres to Users service standards and internal procedures to ensure all work items are completed accurately and all Users requests are responded to timely and appropriately
- Works with managers, team members and/or vendors to manage the practice support needs and integrations of projects and initiatives
- Ensures conformance to project management methodology, quality control standards, and other internal standards, policies and procedures
- Creates and/or assists with writing documentation, instructions or procedures
- May be required to assist IT Department with duties, as assigned.
- Facilitate and participate in operational strategy efforts (e.g. process, tools, operational sourcing and expansion).
Information Systems Responsibilities: EHR
- Act as the subject matter expert for informatics aspects of the EHR software including both the clinical and practice management functionality of the system.
- Configure EHR software based on specialty requirements and identified needs.
- Collaborate with internal resources to establish and improve processes.
- Provides support and training to providers and staff, as necessary.
- In charge of the system setup, this function includes but it is not limited to, maintain providers table, maintain orders setup, maintain tasks table, maintain procedures table, vaccines setup, document type's setup, scheduling setup, imaging setup, etc.
- Develop and maintain templates in the EHR system.
- Identifies problems in the EHR system, propose and implement solutions.
- Knowledge of Electronic Health Records (EHR) and other patient information programs at a level to train others.
Imaging – Future Development
- Directly responsible for the implementation and maintenance of the document management system, reporting on the performance of the system for review and as a basis for improvement.
- Responsible for administering the company's document management system In accordance with company requirements.
- The incumbent will be the primary contact for the electronic imaging system including providing technical support, training and documentation.
- The incumbent will recommend and manage future enhancements/improvements and developments of the electronic imaging system including scanning and archival strategies and ensure that all system enhancements and related business processes include the use of electronic imaging technology where appropriate.
- Assist the Business Systems Director in the implementation and maintenance of the Medical Record Imaging system, reporting on the performance of the system for review and as a basis for improvement. Monitors usage of electronic imaging and prepares monthly usage summaries.
- Assist the I.T. Department to assist users in the scanning process and/or retrieval of documents; this includes prepping, scanning, indexing, OCRing, and quality checking of work performed during the full cycle of document imaging process.
- Responsible for maintaining abreast of and in compliance with all HIPAA regulations and requirements.
- Required to learn and use the Electronic Health Record and Practice Electronic System and its components. As required by the job functions and highlighted in the Policies and Procedures.
- Attend appropriate in-service training and professional seminars
- Other related duties as directed by the Business Systems Director. The intent of this job description is to provide a representative and level of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of positions given this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the total of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be directed to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description.
- All employees will participate in Patient Centered Health Home Model at Omni Family Health.
Qualifications, Education and Skills: Required
- Advanced level skills typically acquired through completion of a Bachelor's Degree AND/OR knowledge and training acquired through a Degreed program or equivalent work experience.
- 2-3 years of analytics experience utilizing strong statistical/quantitative skills that have led to improved control and performance.
- 1-2 years of successful operational management/leadership experience.
- Previous experience working as a Customer Support Analyst in a busy technology call center, or related experience a plus.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to balance multiple and shifting priorities.
- Display dependable, punctual and professional demeanor. Maintain a positive attitude.
- Significant experience troubleshooting proprietary software and medical software solutions.
- Must possess strong problem solving skills. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Must be customer service oriented.
- Ability to work independently, as well as in a team environment.
- Previous knowledge of the EHR Healthcare Application Suite.
- Familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices and procedures.
- Ability to work with people of diverse cultural, educational, social, and economic backgrounds.
- Ability to use Microsoft Office products, Outlook/Exchange, Internet and email
- Think critically about existing process and technology solutions
- 3+ years of SQL and/or SAS programming
- Experience with payment integrity programs
- Experience with Meaningful Use stage 1 and 2
- 2+ years of healthcare experience working with claim analysis and/or processing
- Executive-level written and verbal communication skills
- Program and project level planning, mobilization and management
- Solid understanding of technology and business analysis
- Self-managed, self-starter able to work in rapidly changing environment
- Experience performing complex business analysis and decision-making (e.g. business case development, operational model design, program planning and steering, etc.)
- Team leadership and project management skills
- High energy, detail oriented and creative individual
- Experience with primary care and specialty clinic operations or experience working in a non-profit or community clinic environment is desired.
- EHR certified and have experience with EHR or other Electronic Medical Records (EMR) system.
Responsible To: Business Systems Director Classification:
Full Time Position, Exempt