Location: Administration - Bakersfield (Fiscal)
Job Summary: Under the direction of the Controller, the Financial Analyst is responsible for providing reports and analysis on the fiscal and operations activities of Omni Family Health. This includes communication with fiscal office personnel, billing, providers, senior MA’s and operation/ancillary staff in regards to the different analysis performed by location and department.
- Prepare and submit monthly, quarterly and annual management and financial, cash flow and statistical reports, including funding reports to any funding agencies, and other required financial/ progress reports with the funding agencies’ requirements and policies and procedures established in the area by the Omni Family Health management and Board of Directors.
- Review and reconcile different cost center accounts and locations, review documents and review for accuracy and completeness.
- Coordinate the development of budgets for internal control, provides information and assists staff and program directors in budget preparation, implementation, and control; prepares, balances, complies, and enters budget data’ performs statistical analysis of cash flow and budgets; monitors and evaluates budgets and cash flow for appropriateness to ensure fiscal solvency and accountability.
- Prepare clinic annual reports (OHSPD), UDS, PPS Reconciliation and Medicare cost reports as directed by the Controller.
- Research and analyze financial data for any expansion or new business; creates, organizes, and maintain files using database and spreadsheet programs; retrieves and organizes data into required reporting formats; collects, retrieves and organizes data to identify financial discrepancies and recommends solutions.
- Responsible for closing the month/ quarter and yearly and to assure that all reports are ran in accordance with the policies established.
- Monitor and evaluate operation effectiveness and recommends changes for improvement to strengthen the organization structure and staffing requirements.
- Monitor, analyze and evaluate the billing/ collection of AR effectiveness. Recommends changes for improvement to strengthen collection, for AR days reduction as well as collection turn around days.
- Establish and oversee that clear communication exists between divisions, especially on the operation and flow of each clinic.
- Any other duties or responsibilities as requested.
- Responsible for Employee Personnel Budget and calculating the correct provider to support staff ratios.
- Grant budgeting applications.
- HIPAA compliance – responsible for maintaining abreast of and in compliance with all HIPAA regulations and requirements. Treats all member information confidential.
- Compliance – Ensure compliance with all local, state and federal regulations.
- QA/QI – Participate in QA/QI activities and contribute towards the overall performance improvement of the organization.
- IT – Required learning and using the Electronic Health Records and Practice Electronic System and its components. As required by the job functions and highlighted in the Policies and Procedures.
- All employees will participate in Patient Centered Health Home Model at Omni Family Health.
Qualifications, Education, and Experience:
- Graduate from a four-year college with major in Accounting/ Finance.
- Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and procedures in non profit accounting.
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite (Excel and Access).
- Knowledge and understanding the principles and techniques of budget preparation, administration, statistical methods, technical writing, and related record keeping.
- Ability to communicate and maintain an effective working relationship with staff and funding agencies’ personnel.
- Ability to operate independently, supervise personnel and train business unit personnel when necessary.
Responsible To: Controller
Classification: Full Time Position, Non-Exempt