Job Summary: Under the direction of the Chief Financial Officer and/or designee, the Business Analyst is responsible for continual monitoring of key performance indicators, creating budget/financial performance reports and analysis on the fiscal and operations activities of Omni Family Health. This position analyzes and documents business and workflow processes through standardized data system reporting. Includes communication with Finance Department staff, Revenue Cycle Management, providers, health center managers, District Administrators, and operation/ancillary staff regarding outcome measurements and analysis by location and service line.
- Prepare and submit weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual management and financial, cash flow, and statistical reports, including funding reports to funding agencies, and other required financial/progress reports with the funding agencies’ requirements and policies and procedures established in the area by the Omni Family Health management and Board of Directors.
- Review for accuracy and reconcile different cost center accounts by location and by service line.
- Coordinate the development and management approach of operating and capital budgets for internal control. Provides information and assists staff and program directors in budget preparation, implementation, and monthly variance analysis.
- Responsible for employee position control, personnel budget, and calculating the correct provider to support staff ratios.
- Prepares, balances, complies, and enters budget data; performs statistical analysis of cash flow, labor hour’s budgets; monitors and evaluates budgets and cash flow for appropriateness to ensure fiscal solvency and accountability.
- Monitors Grant budgeting applications, outcome and implementation
- Develops technical solutions to business problems by reviewing analyzing and documenting requirements.
- Prepare clinic annual reports (CMS, OSHPD, UDS and PPS Reconciliation) and cost reports as directed by the CFO and/or designee.
- Research and analyze financial data for any expansion or new business; creates, organizes, and maintain files using database and spreadsheet programs; retrieves and organizes data into required reporting formats; collects, retrieves and organizes data to identify financial discrepancies and recommends solutions.
- Responsible for closing the month/ quarter and yearly and to assure that all reports are ran in accordance with the policies established.
- Monitor and evaluate operation effectiveness and recommends changes for improvement to strengthen the organization structure and staffing requirements.
- Ability to facilitate stakeholder meetings and manage expectations
- Maintain professional presence including final work product and presentations
- Monitor, analyze and evaluate the billing/ collection of AR effectiveness. Recommends changes for improvement to strengthen collection, for days in AR management as well as collection turn around days.
- Establish clear communication process between departments, especially with operation Managers/Directors and Clinic Supervision. .
- All other duties or responsibilities as requested.
- HIPAA compliance – responsible for maintaining functional knowledge of and in compliance with all HIPAA regulations and requirements. Treats all member information confidential.
- Compliance – Ensure compliance with all local, state and federal regulations.
- QA/QI – Participate in QA/QI activities and contribute towards the overall performance improvement of the organization.
- IT – Required learning and using the Electronic Health Records and Practice Electronic System and its components. As required by the job functions and highlighted in the Policies and Procedures.
- All employees will participate in Patient Centered Health Home Model at Omni Family Health.
Qualifications, Education, and Experience:
- Graduate from a four-year college with major in Accounting/Finance.
- Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and procedures in nonprofit accounting.
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite.
- Knowledge and understanding the principles and techniques of budget preparation, administration, statistical methods, technical writing, and related record keeping.
- Ability to communicate and maintain an effective working relationship with staff and funding agencies.
- Ability to operate independently, supervise projects, assignments, multi-disciplinary teams, OFH personnel and provide in service education when necessary.
Responsible To: Chief Financial Officer
Classification: Full Time, Non-Exempt