Job Summary: Under the direction of Business Systems Director the Application Support Technician is responsible for efficient, accurate and friendly delivery of support services to OMNI Family Healthcare end users. This role is responsible for the support of all Electronic Health Record (EHR)/ Practice Management (PM)/Electronic Dental Record (EDR) and various Reporting Systems. The Application Support Technician may also assist in system testing and training.
Job Duties: Level I
- Provide “Extraordinary Care” to customers through friendly, caring, courteous, and professional service.
- Assist users with technical and functional issues related to medical and business systems used at Omni Family Health.
- Manage internal (Omni) and external (vendor) tickets until issue is resolved and customer is satisfied.
- Stay current on all upgrades / modifications / hot fixes applied to systems that will impact users.
- Utilize the call tracking software provided to adequately document issues, including correctly updating status and prioritization of issues
- Assist with training of staff when necessary.
- Assist with testing all new software builds as they are installed.
- Maintain knowledge of clinical terms, procedures, and treatment plans.
- Produce ad-hoc reports and produce scheduled reports (Meaningful Use, UDS).
- Monitor system components to insure proper system performance.
- Manage user accounts in various systems.
- Other duties as assigned.
- All duties from Level I.
- Manage Help Desk system by assigning tickets to staff, monitor progress of tickets, analyze tickets to identify trends and review tickets to insure proper documentation.
- Provide Level II support to other team members, including training and mentoring.
- HIPAA compliance - Responsible for maintaining abreast of and in compliance with all HIPAA regulations and requirements. Treats all member information confidential.
- Compliance - Ensure compliance with all local, state and federal regulations.
- QA/QI - Participate in QA/QI activities and contribute towards the overall performance improvement of the organization.
- IT - Required to learn and use the Electronic Medical Records and Practice Electronic System and its components. As required by the job functions and highlighted in the Policies and Procedures. These components include NextGen PM, EHR, EDR and i2i and other electronic features, as they are developed and implemented, as applicable to work environment.
- All employees will participate in Patient Centered Health Home Model at Omni Family Health.
Qualifications, Education and Experience Level I
- Associate Degree in Healthcare or Information Technology or substitution of 2 years job experience related in healthcare and/or computer application training areas may be considered.
- Must demonstrate ability to exercise good judgment prioritizes multiple tasks and problem solve under pressure, deadlines and resource constraints.
- Candidate must have strong analytical and problem solving skills and possess excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Demonstrate proven ability to quickly grasp new technology
- Must be able to learn the functionality of our products and services in a short time frame
- Must be able to travel between clinics as required.
- Must have a valid California Driver license.
- Knowledge and experience in Clinical Tracking or EMR/PM project implementation system is highly desirable.
- Ability to work under pressure and handle multi-functions.
- Ability and willingness to treat all users with respect and consideration in difficult situations.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the desire to work with all employees and vendors.
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Office suite including Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Promotes and believes in the OFH mission statement.
- All qualifications and experience from Level I.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience within a healthcare environment
- 2+ years’ experience working in an EPM or EHR implementation and/or support role
- 1+ year previous experience working in a troubleshooting role within an EPM or EHR environment
Responsible To: Business Systems Director
Classification: Full Time Position, Non Exempt