- White Lane
Job Summary: The Registered Dental Assistant performs duties such as: prepare the patient for the treatment, assist the dentist in performing their treatment to the patient in restorative dentistry or oral surgery, prepare materials and equipment for treatment and have them ready for the dentist’s use, take x-rays and assist the dentist in laboratory work. May perform other related work to include, but not limited to, making appointments, answer the phone, ordering supplies and doing the dental billing.
- Greets patients in waiting area and escorts patients to the operatory.
- Assist the dentist in the administration of treatment at the chair side as required or directed by the dentist.
- Promote an atmosphere supportive of good dental and general health by demonstrating good oral hygiene, questioning patients to ascertain home care status, instructing patients in techniques of flossing and brushing in accordance with protocol.
- Maintain a sterile and neat working environment according to current infection control procedures.
- Review the health history, make chart entries under the direction of the operator and assure completion of forms and signatures.
- Assume the responsibility associated with any expanded duties that may be delegated by the dentist.
- Familiarize the patient with the aspects of their dental visit and provide support and compassion to that patient when it is needed.
- Stock operatories and maintain clinical supply inventory.
- Review daily schedule to set up appropriate trays and instruments.
- Assist in front office procedures if time allows or need is determined by the Chief Dental Officer or Dentist.
- Supervise preventive maintenance of dental equipment.
- Serve as supply liaison. Communicates with purchasing department and vendors to assure prompt receipt of all orders.
- May perform the following procedures:
- Obtain endodontic cultures.
- Dry canals, previously opened by the supervising dentist, with absorbent points.
- Test pulp vitality.
- Place bases and liners on sound dentin.
- Remove excess cement from supragingival surfaces of teeth with hand instrument or floss.
- Size stainless steel crowns, temporary crowns and bands.
- Temporary cementation and removal of temporary crowns and removal of orthodontic bands.
- Placement of orthodontic separators.
- Placement and ligation of arch wires.
- lacement of post-extraction and periodontal dressings.
- Take bite registrations for diagnostic models for case study only.
- Coronal polishing.
- Friendly personality with the desire to work with the public.
- Ability and willingness to treat all patients with the utmost kindness and consideration in the most trying situations.
- Ability to handle multi-functions and complete tasks in orderly and accurate fashion
- Understanding of community based organizations and willing to participate in community events such as health fairs, etc.
- Promotes and believes in OFH mission statement.
- Ability to relate to the public regardless of ethnic, religious and economic status.
- Must be willing to work at any Omni Family Health location, other that the assigned site and be agreeable to work weekends, if so needed.
- Must obtain a Valid California Drivers License at all times plus proof of insurance, to allow you to be placed in all Omni Family Health clinics if needed.
- Able to use sound judgment. Possess a calm disposition and the ability to work easily with people.
- HIPAA compliance – responsible for maintaining abreast of and in compliance with all HIPAA regulations and requirements. Treats all member information confidential.
- Compliance – Ensure compliance with all local, state and federal regulations.
- QA/QI – Participate in QA/QI activities and contribute towards the overall performance improvement of the organization.
- IT – Required learning and using the Electronic Health Record and Practice Electronic System and its components. As required by the job functions and highlighted in the Policies and Procedures.
- All employees will participate in Patient Centered Health Home Model at Omni Family Health.
Qualifications, Education, and Experience:
- High school graduate (or GED).
- Proof of completing radiation safety course.
- One-year experience as a dental assistant.
- Certification as a Registered Dental Assistant required.
- Certificates for coronal polishing and sealants required.
- Demonstrate knowledge of dental health education subjects.
- Have the ability to communicate in English and Spanish.
Responsible To: Staff Dentist, and Chief Dental Officer Classification: Full or Part Time Position, Non-exempt