Under the supervision of the Clinical Services Officer, the Staff Pharmacist of Omni Family Health, assures that medications are stocked and available for dispensing in accordance with the drug formulary which is developed and agreed upon by the medical providers and approved by the corporate management, and assures that billings of all dispensed drugs are made on a timely basis.
- Keep complete record of medications ordered, received and dispensed.
- On an annual basis, or whenever required by the Chief Clinical Services Officer/ Director of Ancillary Services, Administration, or by licensing and certification agencies, complete an inventory is done reflecting items as well as prices.
- Billing of all medications dispensed out of the pharmacy stock, as the case may be:
- To patients
- To Medi-Cal agency
- To Medicare agency
- To insurance companies
- To others, in accordance with policies and procedures established in that regard and in accordance with agencies’ requirements, when applicable.
- Ordering, receiving and accounting for medication in accordance with generally accepted practices and corporate policies, when applicable.
- Meet regularly with the medical, dental, and other health care providers to assure that their needs have been satisfied in terms of ordering or receiving medications needed for patient treatment.
- Responsible for supplying all corporate locations with medications required by the medical staff to treat patients and assure that adequate supplies are stocked at all times.
- Responsible for review of expiration dates and removal and return of medication near expiration to manufacturers or suppliers as usually and customarily accepted.
- HIPAA compliance - Responsible for maintaining abreast of and in compliance with all HIPAA regulations and requirements. Treats all member information confidential.
- Compliance - Ensure compliance with all local, state and federal regulations.
Qualifications, Education, and Experience:
- QA/QI - Participate in QA/QI activities and contribute towards the overall performance improvement of the organization.
- IT - Required to learn and use the Electronic Health Record and Practice Management System and its components. As required by the job functions and highlighted in the Policies and Procedures. These components include NextGen, PMS, QSI and other electronic features, as they are developed and implemented, as applicable to work environment.
- All employees will participate in Patient Centered Health Home Model at Omni Family Health.
- Must have graduated from an accredited Pharmacy school.
- Must have a valid California license.
- Must have an interest in working in a community health center setting.
- Must have thorough experience and education, the ability to organize work, determine priorities, prepare purchasing schedules, receiving and billing schedules.
- Must have thorough experience in basic bookkeeping in order to be able to keep pharmacy records in an organized manner and easily accessible.
Responsible to: Pharmacy Manager
Classification: Exempt position
- Promote and believe in OFH mission statement.
- Ability to relate to the public regardless of ethnic, religious and economic status.