Job Summary: He/she shall perform a full range of professional clinical social work assignments in a full-functioning capacity. Considerable independent judgment shall be required to carry out assignments that have significant impact on Omni Family Health’s services and programs. In accordance with policies, procedures and protocols established by OFH standards of practice and licensing and certificate and other regulatory agencies requirements. The employee shall be responsible to overseeing the work assignments of other professional social workers, assessing problems and determining appropriate types of intervention methodologies; acts as Program Consultant to staff members with or without professional training; functions in such areas as counseling, protective services, and family services.
- Provides group work treatment and social casework for OFH patients.
- Serves as a member of the treatment team, working with other disciplines in diagnosing problems, formulating treatment plans, and evaluating progress.
- Provides necessary social work treatment in accordance with medical treatment plans and modifies these plans to further therapeutic goals.
- Prepares socio-psychiatric case history information, psychosocial assessment, and social work treatment plans, for use in initial assessment and diagnosis.
- Provides assessment and treat patients with substance abuse problems, including abuse of alcohol, tobacco, or other drugs.
- Provides individual and group therapy, outreach, crisis intervention, social rehabilitation, and teaching skills needed for everyday living.
- Provide psychosocial support to families of patients so they can cope with chronic, acute, or terminal illnesses.
- Interprets the social aspects of mental disturbances to relatives and community agencies.
- Provides assistance to patients in locating and taking advantage of any relevant community services available.
- Counsels relatives on matters relating to the patient’s welfare.
- Participates in mobilizing resources in the community, maintains cooperative working relationships with community agencies, schools, and community agencies.
- Participates in workshops, meetings, and conferences and serves on committees.
- Perform short term counseling and crisis intervention as necessary.
- Provide in-service presentations to staff as needed or required.
- Maintains records and prepares verbal and written reports and correspondence related to the work.
- Oversees the work of professional social work staff by making and reviewing work assignments, establishing priorities, coordinating activities, and resolving work related problems.
- May provide field instruction for graduate-level social work students.
- Performs related work as assigned and assume other responsibilities as directed.
- HIPAA compliance – Responsible for maintaining abreast of and in compliance with all HIPAA . regulations and requirements. Treats all member information confidential.
- Compliance – Ensure compliance with all local, state and federal regulations.
- QA/QI – Participate in QA/QI activities and contribute towards the overall performance improvement of the organization.
- IT – Required to learn and use the EHR/EOHR (Medical Practice Electronic System) and its components. As required by the job functions and highlighted in the Policies and Procedures. These components include NextGen, PMS, QSI and other electronic features, as they are developed and implemented, as applicable to work environment.
- All employees will participate in Patient Centered Health Home Model at Omni Family Health.
Qualification, Education and Experience:
- Master’s degree in Social Work, Counseling, Psychology, or an acceptable related field required. Bachelor degree could be accepted with experience.
- Experience in an ambulatory health center preferred.
- Self-starter, capable of managing support staff and give directions to others and work under pressure in certain cases.
- Requires familiarity and sensitivity to Hispanic culture, family customs and child-rearing practices.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish preferred.
- Familiarity with multi-cultural groups, previous work experience in a multicultural setting and willingness to enroll in language and multicultural coursework to supplement training, if necessary.
- LCSW – Licensed as Clinical Social Worker
Responsible to: Clinical Psychologist or Psychiatrist
Classification: Full or Part-time Position, Exempt