- Region I (Wasco, Delano, Lost Hills) Part-TIme
Job Summary: The Staff Dentist is primarily responsible for providing dental care for the patients of Omni Family Health. In addition the Staff Dentist may be directed to perform other duties as directed by the Chief Dental Officer within the requirements of contractual agreements and in accordance with licensing, State and Federal funding agencies and other regulatory requirements, and in accordance with the policies and procedures established by the OFH Board of Directors.
- Assume quality of care for all patients of OFH.
- Adhere to the highest standard of dental practices, ethics and professionalism at all times.
- Assist the Chief Dental Officer in establishing dental policies, quality improvement procedures, evaluating current practices, and make recommendations.
- Recommend changes in all clinical areas or in general to improve patient flow, dental record, dental billings, and appointment practices.
- Supervise, direct, train, and educate dental ancillary staff to perform their duties when necessary to understand policies, procedures, and protocols.
- Maintain an affiliation with the professional groups, dental associations, and dental organizations, as per policies and procedures established by Omni Family Health, Inc., and represent OFH at all meetings of these associations and organizations whenever possible or as directed by the Chief Dental Officer.
- Provide “emergency call” as scheduled by the dental director in accordance with protocols established in that regard and common and standard practices.
- Participation in community health events, such as school screenings, health fairs, social and community events, etc.
- Other duties as directed by the Chief Dental Officer.
- Must become familiar with Federal, State, and local funding agencies’ rules and regulations in providing special dental services to certain classes of recipients of services.
- Become familiar with Federal and State dental programs and their requirements.
- Assist in developing the dental care plan for Omni Family Health and recommend changes as necessary.
- HIPAA compliance – Responsible for maintaining abreast of and in compliance with all HIPAA regulations and requirements. Treats all member information confidential.
- Compliance – Ensure compliance with all local, state and federal regulations.
- QA/QI – Participate in QA/QI activities and contribute towards the overall performance improvement of the organization.
- IT – Required to learn and use the Electronic Medical Records and Practice Electronic System and its components. As required by the job functions and highlighted in the Policies and Procedures. These components include NextGen, PMS, QSI and other electronic features, as they are developed and implemented, as applicable to work environment.
- All employees will participate in Patient Centered Health Home Model at Omni Family Health.
Qualifications, Education, and Experience:
- Graduate from an accredited dental school with a California Dental License.
- Two years Professional clinical dental experience in practicing dentistry required.
- Interest in design and evaluation of efficiency of a dental program in a community health center setting.
- Authoritative knowledge of the practice and techniques of dentistry as a general practitioner in a community health center is highly desirable.
- Knowledge of Spanish is helpful.
- Promote and believes in OFH mission statement.
- Ability to relate to the public regardless of ethnic, religion and economic status.
- Familiar with FQHC a plus. Open to travel various sites.
Responsible To: Chief Dental Officer
Classification: Full or Part Time Position, Exempt