TITLE: Community Health Dental Hygienist
JOB SUMMARY: Under the general direction of the Chief Dental Officer in accordance with established protocols, the person in this position will coordinate and navigate dental care, advocate for oral health, and motivate and assist people to prevent dental and oral disease. Additional duties include providing preventive dental services and outreach activities to patients and families, engage patients with motivational interviewing and goal setting. The Community Health Dental Hygienist will collaborate and communicate effectively with a multidisciplinary team to effectively coordinate patient care and create a comfortable and exceptional patient experience.
- Expand OFH’s oral health community outreach and education services by assisting with the planning, organizing, and implementation of dental outreach events and activities within the community.
- Coordinate processes to identify high-risk oral health patients and enroll them in the dental services program.
- Provide clinical dental preventive as well as oral screening services in-house as well as in community settings as needed.
- Supports the expansion of the program by developing and consistently updating the tracking process of logged individual patient and community contacts.
- Ensure the success of the outreach program by collecting engagement data and submitting regular monthly reports on patients served and community connections.
- Work with Primary care providers and Dental/Clinical Director to help improve dental services for children
- Links patient to appropriate community resources for health and health-related services consistent with regulatory, contractual and corporate requirements.
- Cultivates relationships with referral sources and multi-disciplinary team that includes, but is not limited to medical, dental, prenatal providers, case managers, outreach staff, call center staff and community partners.
- May perform dental hygiene job duties according to the table of permitted duties.
- Participate as an active member of the NextGen team to coordinate appropriate interdisciplinary care for oral health patients and ensure needed follow-up services.
- Maintain current knowledge of oral health as well as different types of dental benefits and insurance.
- Provides administrative support and is familiar with clinic procedures such as scheduling of appointments, patient fees, confidentiality, and availability of a variety of services.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Duties and responsibilities may be added, deleted, or changed at any time at the discretion of management, formally or informally either verbally or in writing.
- Strong communication skills (oral and written) and ability to interact professionally with a variety of stakeholders including patients, families, health professionals, community agencies, and government departments.
- Ability to create and manage systems and processes.
- Strong analytical understanding and familiar with statistical methodology.
- Demonstrated ability to work with persons and groups of diverse racial, ethnic, and economic backgrounds.
- Working knowledge of basic oral health practices and terminology.
- Strong computer skills and ability to learn quickly new software programs.
- Detail oriented and organized.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a group.
- Interest in community health/health equity.
- Integrity and team work.
- HIPAA compliance - Responsible for maintaining abreast of and in compliance with all HIPAA regulations and requirements. Treats all member information confidential.
- Compliance - Ensure compliance with all local, state and federal regulations.
- QA/QI - Participate in QA/QI activities and contribute towards the overall performance improvement of the organization.
- IT - Required learning and using the Electronic Health Record and Practice Electronic System and its components. As required by the job functions and highlighted in the Policies and Procedures. These components include NextGen, PMS, QSI and other electronic features, as they are developed and implemented, as applicable to work environment.
- All employees will participate in Patient Centered Health Home Model at Omni Family Health.
- Licensed as a Registered Dental Hygienist
- Knowledge of dental terminology
- Knowledge of MS Office and Excel
- Licensed as a Registered Dental Hygienist/RDH-AP
- Bachelor’s degree in health-related field
- Experience working in a dental office or health care setting
Responsible to: Director of Dental Services
Classification: Full time, Exempt position.
Department Chief _________________________________________
Chief Executive Officer _________________________________________