Job Summary: The Optometrist is primarily responsible for providing general optometry care for the patients of Omni Family Health, a community health center; in addition, the Optometrist may be directed by the Chief Executive Officer and Chief Medical Officer to perform other duties in accordance with funding agencies requirements, contractual agreements, and policies, procedures, and protocols established by Omni Family Health Board of Directors.
- Assume quality of care for all patients.
- Adhere to the highest standards of practice, ethics, and professionalism at all times.
- Perform complete eye examination, contact lens fittings and necessary evaluation for glasses or contact lenses.
- Participate in the control of and supervision of optometry practice with the Chief Executive Officer and Chief Medical Officer.
- Keep current with new techniques and philosophies related to all aspects of optometry field.
- Participate in quality assurance committee meetings provider meetings, general staff meetings and core management meetings.
- Other duties as required by the funding agencies to carry out contractual agreements and/or as established by Omni Family Health, management and Board of Directors. a. Must become familiar with the Federal and State rules, regulations, and practices in a Community Health Center. b. Become familiar with Federal and State Health Care programs requirements and assist in carrying out these programs. c. Assist in developing the health care plan and review of the program requirements, and recommend changes when necessary to carry out the health plan as required.
- Assist the Chief Medical Officer in establishing medical polices, quality improvement procedures, evaluating current practices, policies and procedures.
- Recommend changes in all clinical areas, and/or in general areas to improve the patient flow,medical records, billing practices, and appointment practices.
- Assist the Chief Clinical Services Officer in designing, implementing and evaluating educational programs for Omni Family Health. patients and clinical staff.
- Responsible for the directing and supervising the clinical staff, as appropriate.
- Maintain an affiliation with professional groups, medical associations, and medical organizations, as per policies established and represent Omni Family Health in all the meetings of these associations and organizations.
- Ability to relate to the public regardless of ethnic, religion, and economic status.
- HIPAA compliance – responsible for maintaining abreast of and in compliance with all HIPAA regulations and requirements. Treats all member information confidential.
- Compliance – Ensure compliance with all local, state and federal regulations.
- QA/QI – Participate in QA/QI activities and contribute towards the overall performance improvement of the organization.
- IT – Required to learn and use the Electronic Health Record and Practice Electronic System and its components. As required by the job functions and highlighted in the Policies and Procedures. These components include NextGen, PMS, QSI and other electronic features, as they are developed and implemented as applicable to the work environment.
- All employees will participate in Patient Centered Health Home Model at Omni Family Health.
Qualifications, Education, and Experience:
1. Graduate from an accredited school.
2. Must have a valid Californian State License to practice Optometry.
Responsible To: Chief Executive Officer/Chief Medical Officer