Location: Administration – Bakersfield
Job Summary: Under the supervision and direction of the immediate supervisor, the Administrative Assistant/Receptionist is responsible for handling front office reception and administrative duties including welcoming guests, answering phones and directing all company inquiries appropriately. Deliver superior customer service to both external customers and internal staff. Sort all corporate mail and correspondence, follow up on all outstanding matters, maintain administrative files, and perform other related administrative duties.
- Serve visitors by welcoming, directing and announcing them appropriately.
- Answer, screen and forward any incoming phone calls to appropriate individual or department; Provide basic information when needed.
- Receive and sort daily mail and deliveries.
- Maintain a safe and clean reception area by complying with procedures, rules and regulations.
- Coordinate office and conference room meeting space as necessary.
- Maintain security by following procedures and controlling access including keeping visitor log and issuing visitor badges.
- May type and proofread a wide variety of reports, letters, memoranda and correspondence; May take and transcribe dictation.
- Responsible for organizational functions and general meeting support including scheduling meetings, arranging meeting space and securing food and supplies as needed.
- Maintain accurate files and records as per Omni policies for easy follow up or as directed by the immediate supervisor.
- Assist and work closely with all corporate personnel and assure smooth flow of data and report to the department head as required.
- Assist with administrative duties as directed.
- Operate copier, mail sorting machine, fax and other office machines as directed.
- Other administrative duties and/or responsibilities as the immediate supervisor may assign from time to time.
- Ability to work under pressure and handle multi-functions in proficient and efficient manner.
- Must possess exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be familiar with the health care delivery system practices through education, training or experience. Must understand patient demands and hold effective communication skills with the public.
- Must be alert and respect confidentiality of information of all types “General personnel, and/or patient related information.”
- Promotes and believes in OFH mission statement.
- Ability to relate to the public regardless of race, ethnicity, religion, age, sex, disability or economic status.
- HIPAA compliance – Responsible for staying abreast of and in compliance with all HIPAA regulations and requirements. Treats all member information confidential.
- Compliance – Ensure compliance with all local, state and federal regulations.
- QA/QI – Participate in QA/QI activities and contribute towards the overall performance improvement of the organization.
- IT – Required to learn and use the Electronic Health Records and Practice Electronic System and its components. As required by the job functions and highlighted in the Policies and Procedures. These components include NextGen, PMS, QSI and other electronic features, as they are developed and implemented, as applicable to work environment.
- All employees will participate in Patient Centered Health Home Model at Omni Family Health.
Qualifications, Education, and Experience:
- High school graduate or equivalent with at least 3-5 years administrative/reception experience in a similar setting.
- Higher education may be a substitute for experience depending on the degree of education, personality, and line of studies.
- Experience with the Microsoft Office suite including Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint required.
- Must be able to take dictation and type at least 55 WPM.
- Knowledge of office procedures is required.
- All qualifications and experience from Level I.
- Minimum one-year experience as an Administrative Assistant/Receptionist I at Omni Family Health.
- Demonstrated ability to take on additional administrative projects as instructed by immediate supervisor.
- Some higher education preferred.
- May supervise Administrative Assistant/Receptionist I.
This description is intended to provide only basic guidelines for meeting job requirements. Responsibilities, knowledge, skills, abilities and working conditions may change as needed.
Responsible to: Executive Assistant to the CEO & Director of Special Projects
Classification: Full or Part Time Position, Non-Exempt